Author Topic: Thank you and Happy Christmas  (Read 2013 times)

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
Thank you and Happy Christmas
« on: December 19, 2009, 19:10:06 »
I would like to thank everyone here for all the ideas, inspiration and fun you have given me over the year. AllaboutLiverpool's site started me off, when EDF left a third of my lawn in a bit of a mess at the beginning of June

28 June 2009

Charles Dowding's books gave an enormous amount of guidance, helped by Joy Larkcom's Salad Garden.

If you look carefully you may spot many other A4A influences, and I haven't shown my inherited nonagonal greenhouse, the compost bins or the wormeries!

22 Oct 2009

24 Nov 2009

19 Dec 2009

I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
Re: Thank you and Happy Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 19:37:41 »
Wow that looks really good :)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 19:52:25 »
Your garden looks fab  ;D I like your covers that you have used to protect your crops may be pinching that idea for my beds at the lottie. Are they fixed to the raised beds at all or do they just sit on top? My site is quite windy so anything that i put up gets blown about awful and im concerned about wildlife getting caught up in the netting and a few cats have been tangled up on other plots  :-\

Thanks lucy

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 08:48:24 »
Good morning Mummybunny Lucy

The frames have legs, about 8" long in each corner and in the middle, which slot down inside the bed frame and into the soil. I have had problems with the big frame in very strong wind. It actually took the bed frame out of the ground. I hadn't bothered to stake them down much, just enough to level them! I have staked the beds now though. I might tie the netting frame to the bed but am still mulling that one!! The small frame has not been a problem

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:33 »
Thanks  ;D That will give me something to do over the winter  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal