The Show > Pumpkin 'tastic

pumpkin seeds

(1/1)

dannylewis:
Hi all do you know if you take the seeds from pumpkins willthey grow next year cos i have got a huge pumpkin and i presume it has loads of seeds?

dannylewis

Columbus:
I have rescued seeds from bought pumpkins to plant next year. The problem seems to be getting the orange pulp off the seeds without making them germinate by prolonged wetting. I had butternut squash seeds that went mouldy in days because I didn`t get all the pulp off. Thankfully I have more squashes so I can try again. I also have seed left out for days to dry properly too.

I believe that the maturity and ripeness of the donor fruit and hence the seeds will determine wether or not the seeds will germinate next spring. I am trying to harvest seeds from several fruits to increase my chances of getting productive seed.

Col.

Doris_Pinks:
I wash mine and then dry them on paper towel in the airing cupboard, no probs with them germinating the following year! Good luck Danny and Columbus!

dannylewis:
Thanks columbus and dottie, i will know now to save them coz i havent cut it up yet i am doing it later.

Dannylewis

Andy H:
Hi Danny, My cotton seeds are sprouting already!!! ;D
They are in propagator though :o
Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version