Photo Gallery > Photo Talk

Cameras

(1/5) > >>

Twoflower:
OK, I'd like a new camera. Used to have a SLR a long time ago and got lazy with my point and shoot. So here is my question can anyone recommend a good camera that i can do a bit of both with?

BarriedaleNick:
I love my Nikon D90.  Auto mode for point and shoot.  Movie mode in HD (not full HD -720) and live view like a compact.  Loads of manual options for the more pro approach
Lots of lenses etc.

Not cheap if you want a couple of lenses and if you do then carrying the thing round is a pain!

What do you want it for?  Anything in particular..

OllieC:
The Cannon G10. I have one, as do 4 of my friends. Bigger than most point & clicks but still small enough to always have with you. I think they're about £350 now... got mine for $400 in the US in May.

You can play with things as much or as little as you want (even manual focus...) and it is almost as good as an SLR in a lot of cases.

Google some reviews!

Twoflower:
Not really , i used to like doing close up insect/flower pictures, playing with filters. Although i love my point and shoot sometimes i'd like to do more. I'll have to sweet talk my OH for christmas  ;D

laurieuk:
All the photos on my website are taken with my Kodak easyshare it has auto,close-up, portrait,text and many other modes. I find it easy to load to my PC ,edit and do most things.I have recently been taking photos of old photos so that I can email them to friends.Model is Z740.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version