Author Topic: z list celebreties in your area  (Read 5302 times)

cocopops

• Acre
Re: z list celebreties in your area
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 18:55:03 »
My OH did some work on Bob Monkhouse's house, great bloke apparently.  I grew up in the lovely Potteries home of Anthea Turner, Bruno Bruce and birthplace of Slash. 

Depending on your opinion, probably not a z lister, Robbie Williams used to be brother's golf partner.   I have also been to his house with an ex who knew him,  had a cup of tea with him when he showed us a preview of the 'Babe' video before it was released.  Also, by a long sting of coincidences, I sent him some Staffordshire oatcakes to be presented to him on Australian TV.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 19:21:43 »
I've been to Sting's house - before he bought it !  8) 8) 8)
The Tuscan Beaneater

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 19:25:46 »
Met Sarah Ferguson.

Thats cool. Am no fan of the Royal Family but Fergie is great. She managed to rise above the bullying and now does her own thing, whether thats a serious investigation of abuse in Turkish childrens homes, or trying to persuade chavs to eat more vegetables. And I loved her (alleged) quote to a reporter in the Duchess of Pork days who questioned her eating habits compared to Princess Diana - "Yes I'm bulimic too, I just forget to make myself sick"

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 23:50:59 »
 When we were on holiday in "Positano" in Italy a few years ago i met Sir Bob Geldoff,  ;D :D what a lovely man he is asked his minder to take a photo, which i thought was lovely had a little chat it was a scorching hot day & he said bloody hell this sand is burning my feet.  I have the photo on my wall in the study to this day. Hardly Z list but i wanted to share that.
Have also seen a few others to.

aussiedigger

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 15:09:46 »
I saw Jimmy Saville in a 'Kyle from South Park' knitted hat at Leeds railway station .... in summer.  Seriously scary!!   :o  ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 16:13:55 »
I sold 2 of my ceramic pigs at a craft fair in Bradford on Avon to Clive Mantle who was a doctor in Casuty once also saw Roger whatisname who used to expose
scams in a ITV prog ages ago!! is that X celib enough for you? ;)
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 17:50:55 »
Just remembered an embarassing incident a couple of summers ago when I went for after-work drinks on Bristol waterfront, and a drunk colleague spotted an actor from cop drama the Thin Blue Line. He was on his own and peacefully reading a book in the sun, and as she got drunker and louder ("hey its that bloke from the Bill over there.. or was he in Casualty.. oh no its the other one, whats his name?"...) I could see him slinking further behind his book. After a few cocktails more she had to go and find out for sure, so went up to speak to him. Then she kept looking over trying to catch her new friends attention. I will never forget the withering look he gave us as he got up and left, his evening scuppered. Must be hard sometimes!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 17:51:48 »
My wife used to live next door to Mark King (level 42) when they were kids.

Dan, DAN! I've gotta object here....ACE is calling his wife z-list and that's Not Right :o >:( He should show his Wife more Respect, even if she has a penchant for red chandeliers :)

I'd forgotten bout Level 42 til I was programming my new.....what are they called these days - sound systems?..in my car last week & a channel was playing 'Running in the Family' 8) Made me late for work that day, and I've cleared the neighbourhood since, cos I've been playing ALL their tapes (remember them?), full-pelt, since...

Z-list, indeed! Youngsters of today!..(etc.etc.ditto.)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 18:48:32 »
My wife used to live next door to Mark King (level 42) when they were kids.

Dan, DAN! I've gotta object here....ACE is calling his wife z-list and that's Not Right :o >:( He should show his Wife more Respect, even if she has a penchant for red chandeliers :)

Ain't it right! Here I am being all chrissymussy trying hard to be nice and I get people casting nasturtiums at me. My wife will never be Z list all the time she sticks with me. Mind you she was a bit X rated when she was setting the trap. But all women are clever at that, else men would never get married. ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 19:34:50 »
 ;D ;D ;D @ ACE!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 21:55:16 »
No z listers spotted in Staffs yet but when i worked at a hotel dahn sarf I met Nick Faldo (very nice and handsome too) Henry from Neighbours and Brucey! (Forsyth not Willis)
The girl I was working with was doing turndown in his suite and bleeped me to say come with her, so off we went armed with our mineral waters and boxes of chocs for the room. When he answered the door we both dissolved into badly disguised giggles and he accused us of autograph hunting and seemed a bit put out when we assured him we really were there for turndown.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 22:07:00 »
mike reed used to live down the road from me but was hounded out by jealous neighbours, Rowan Atkinson (not quite z list) has a house at the other end of town but only uses it it occasionally. When i was a chef i met john parr and gary wilmot who stayed at the hotel. 
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 10:07:10 »
Great stories - lots of X Y Z er's out there  ;D  ;D  ;D (part from Ronnie Barker!!)

I'm pants at recognising "famous" people - don't have a telly, don't read magazines, and generally clueless! Completely oblivious. It's always after the event and friends go - that was Jonathon Ross, or John Peel or whoever!!  ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal