Author Topic: z list celebreties in your area  (Read 5286 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
z list celebreties in your area
« on: December 03, 2009, 17:00:45 »
hi
I've just been using last weeks local rag to light a fire and came across a picture / article about the Cheeky Girls at the opening of an envelope in Hastings. I think they live in Rye or somewhere local anyway.

And it got me thinking what z list "celebreties" live in your area or you have met?

The more Z list the better (funnier!)  :D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: z list celebreties in your area
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 17:24:26 »
As a teenager I was out walking in the snow one Christmas (late 70's) and met William(?) Roach from corrie (Ken Barlow)... he didn't even acknowledge I was there...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 17:40:37 by saddad »

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 17:37:15 »
yup that's Z list enough for me Saddad  :D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 17:44:06 »
I joined Rory Bremner for a fill up of petrol.  I noticed him but he did not recognise me.  Odd that ;D ;D 

Had to stop myself doing 'my husband and I' impression. 

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 17:54:45 »
I saw the woman who played Joan Ferguson in Prisoner in Cell Block H
at our local shopping centre.  She isn't a local though, you'd have to be a million times lower than Z to live here.  ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 18:03:06 »
oh squash that's definitely z list - Prisoner Cell Block H  ;D Class!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 18:08:14 »
Onslow(geoff hughs) has a small business selling woodchip and rough timber products, I use him quite a bit. Alan Titchmarsh has a flat just down the road. My wife used to live next door to Mark King (level 42) when they were kids. There's an old queen in the shape of Kenneth Kendall who runs an art gallery. We have more than our fair share over here.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 18:13:21 »
I like the Onslow story about selling woodchip  :D

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 18:18:49 »
I once saw Tony Christy at Leeds Bradford airport, he was dressed all in red (shoes were white yuk!), he was sort of waiting for us all to say "wow TC, can we have your autograph" sad ......plonker  ;)

this was way after Amarillo's first release   
Life is to short !!!

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 18:27:38 »
I used to regularly see the author Cynthia Harrod-Eagles in both shops I worked in, and the actor Paul Chapman, who played Stephen in the TV series As Time Goes By, in the supermarket.

The wonderful Ronnie Barker once stopped and chatted with me and others in a pub one lunch-time. He told us some really funny stories and bought a round of drinks. He was definitely not a z lister!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 18:33:07 »
I once met the man who broke into Buckingham Palace in the early 80s and sat on the Queens bed. And I've hitched a lift in Wales with someone who turned out to be Howard Marks, AKA Mr Nice (before he got famous)

And I've seen Phil Mitchell from Eastenders in a London pub, and he is just as pink as he is on telly!

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 18:47:25 »
This area is full of them !!#

Met Max Bygraves and Sid James and cooked dinner for Windsor Davies.
Met and hugged David essex in the kitchens of the Bournemouth International centre.sat and had a drink with Jim Daves, got drunk  fell over (me not him :lol)
Duncan from Blue and many others live in Bournemouth area !
Helps that hubby and i worked at the BIC and the Pavilion i guess :)
Also met Ricky tomlinson at the Scruff dog show he was the judge.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 08:58:45 »
Met loads of Corrie Street stars at a private party that I was invited to in the 80's, Rita, Mike Baldwin, Hilda, Bet Lynch, Elsie (who I met on a number of occasions as she lived nearby) Percy, and many others including Geoff Hughes, who Ace mentioned, he asked me to hold his party food for a second...lol Loved him, hes fab!

I crossed the zebra crossing with Fred Gee (Corrie)  ;D

I live near Jack Duckworth and Roy Barraclough and see them all the time, in restaurants, out shopping ect etc

I have waited in a queue with Nick Cotton waiting behind me.

Had a chat with Roy Walker (Catchphrase host) when I queued in front of him whilst checking in at the airport.

Met Fred the weatherman a few times.

Stayed in a hotel with a private garden and opened the french doors leading onto the lawn to be greeted by Andy Cole who was with a film crew and being interviewed, told him to go and play up his own end,lol  ;D

Met Sarah Ferguson.

Got off a train one day in Manchester, the doors opened and I stood onto the platform as you do, only to be ushered from my path VERY quickly by an Equerry, I had not realised but the doors had opened directly onto a newly laid red carpet....well its the least I can expect  ;D
Did not know what the fuss was all about then realised it was the day that Prince Charles came to Manchester to take part in the live Corrie Episode, so didnt meet him as such, but did stand on his carpet  ;D

Used to see L. S. Lowry pottering about, my friend used to walk his dog when we were at school together.

Met loads of others, when I met my hubby nine years ago he had never met anyone famous, I told him to stick with me and he soon will, and I was right, oh, but he does work with the cousin of the guy who broke into the palace that you mentioned lewic.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 09:06:02 »
Benny from Crossroads 8)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:42 »
Kate Moss lives round here.  The house was easily spotted the paparazzi were camped outside.  When you see her in the flesh she is very skinny.   Haven't seen her or them recently.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 13:51:46 »
An actor from Emmerdale lives just over the road to us, and he came to one of our parties when he first moved in. Sting's Dad Ernie used to deliver our milk and Sting (Gordon) once came for the weekly milk money when he was a student. Coastal Productions (Robson Greens company) have a house in our street where they film, so the street is always full of huge production vans and lighting. They did "Blood On the Wire" in there and at present they are doing a childrens film there. Often just wander up on the offchance they want an extra or I get a look at someone I recognise, no luck so far. Once lent them a garden spade and fork (was a murder weapon) in another Robson Green production.   ;D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 15:48:40 »
With the Christmas theme in mind, we see quite a bit of Roy Wood (Wizard) who drinks in a local pub, not recently though I think he goes into hiding around Christmas!

When I lived in London I used to see quite a few celebs, Bob Geldof shopping in Liberties, the bearded tall bloke from Abba (I accidentally crashed into him in Oxford Street and was quickly whisked out of the way by his minders...), Kate Bush at the bar at a gig who is a very pretty but a tiny person......
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 15:53:48 »
pretty but a tiny
Yes you are right I apologise what I meant was petite.  (I'm just jealous)

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 16:49:11 »
Some of those are really funny - I love the obscure ones the most!  ;D Particularly the one about the guy who broke into Buck House  ;D ;D

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 17:37:34 »
When I lived in Elstree/Borehamwood you had a struggle to avoid Eastenders people. In the summer, you'd have to avoid C4/E4s BB people (how Z can you get?).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal