Author Topic: My son has just cut a hole in my leather sofa!!!!  (Read 6524 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: My son has just cut a hole in my leather sofa!!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 17:52:52 »
It's not only kids. I was building a custom motorcycle and I needed some nice red leather to cover the seat. Reasoning that the sofa that was leather and was also  the right colour was always placed with the back to the wall, if I cut the back out nobody would notice. WRONG. No sooner had I cut it out she decides to have a change around, (why do they do this) and the dastardly deed was uncovered. I was going to get it fixed proper like when I could afford it with a nice bit of material stitched in its place, but never got the chance. Blimey I never heard anybody go off on one like she did. Birthdays for me have never happened since. She also nearly killed me with a joint of beef when the chrome oven shelf morphed itself into a luggage rack for the back of the bike.

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 17:58:24 »
I am feeling much better today.  I have almost lost my voice so I could not even shout properly.  It was the real disappointment, more than anger that got to me.  Like my huband said "cannot we even have something for nice for a few days before it gets wrecked!".  I have been talking (or rather croaking) with a lady today who has told be where to find a leather repairer so I will give them a call.  I only paid 70 Euro for the sofa and matching two seater so I would hate to pay more than that on a repair.

As for the party, Max hasnot mentioned it at all.  When he does I will explain that I am not prepared to hold his 'ideal' party but he can have a couple of friends for a birthday tea.  Thanks for that idea folks.

That's again for making me feel better, it really did help.  I know there is a few issues going on in the site at the moment but gardening or not it is a lovely community to be part of and long may in continue.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 23:28:16 »

Cam did your brother turn out okay? LOL

Snip

Yes he turned out fine and his 2 boys are much less shall we say accident prone honestly he put my parents though the wringer everything from throwing him self down the stairs, managed to rip his bottom lip off when he feel, to causing mayham with any thing he could get his hands on.

Funniest one was at 5 decided to make boiled eggs by popping them in the kettle (shells and all) and then gave up on the idea did not tell anyone. Mum went to make a cup of tea in fact she used the kettle on and off all day with the egg smell and funny tasting tea getting weirder all day and my brother did not say word 1 i was in bed so dont remember whem mum found out what had caused the problem i only remember we went from a kettle on the gas hob to an electric kettle after that :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 23:32:28 »
It's not only kids. I was building a custom motorcycle and I needed some nice red leather to cover the seat. Reasoning that the sofa that was leather and was also  the right colour was always placed with the back to the wall, if I cut the back out nobody would notice. WRONG. No sooner had I cut it out she decides to have a change around, (why do they do this) and the dastardly deed was uncovered. I was going to get it fixed proper like when I could afford it with a nice bit of material stitched in its place, but never got the chance. Blimey I never heard anybody go off on one like she did. Birthdays for me have never happened since. She also nearly killed me with a joint of beef when the chrome oven shelf morphed itself into a luggage rack for the back of the bike.

....thanks ace so funny

Mandy365

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 16:19:23 »
Not sure if you have solved the problem yet.  The sofa not the child  ;) Try www.MastaPlasta.com. I had a hole in my sofa and called around to get prices from leather repair shops. Most of the quotes where more than the price of my sofa. Started looking for leather repair kits and found this company, they sells leather patches in different sizes, shapes and colours. I am very happy with it. good luck

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 17:50:28 »
Fortunately when my eldest son decided to draw numbers all over the sofa with felt pens, I was able to turn the cushions over.  ;D
When he drew on the other side  ::) I experimented and washed one cover in the washing machine (cold), air drying it after. Came out nice and clean.
I was lucky, I feel your pain  ;)
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 21:28:55 »
Our sofa isn't leather... but has been cut. Think this happened when son was about 5. There are also biro marks...

MIL was told not to get a new carpet until her son reached a certain age - she did not listen and he threw up all over it.

re-loo cleaner and green hair - going way back, Eastenders episode - Michelle working in the hairdressers turned Cindy's hair green...
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 22:37:34 »
Hi, I am wondering if you can explain a compromise , allow him to have the smaller party because he owned up and told the truth, without being honest he would have lost all, maybe some good can come out of it then, he certainly deserves a pat on the back for being truthful which in the end will be valuable for him as he gets older, it is hard to be honest when you are little and in trouble, he is a good kid for having the courage.

When I was little I had a pedal car, it was green and I wanted a red one.I found a tin of red paint in the garage where my little car was so I painted it..of course I had a wet brush and some paint left and I was a kid!!  My Dad did not appreciate that his new car looked better after I finished on his. Funny thing ,I could not understand what the fuss was about, in my eyes I had not done anything wrong, I was making things better.

I was severely tested when my little boy put his hamster in with his older brothers ferret as he thought it was lonely..need I say more.

Take care, these things fade in our mind, and I think you have a good kid there.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Reg

• Not So New ...
    • Reg's Garden
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 22:39:14 »
Fill the hole in the sofa with compost and plant potatos or tomatoes, might be an idea.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2010, 23:52:38 »
LOL is that what they get up to in Jersey then....... ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 00:49:22 »
Fill the hole in the sofa with compost and plant potatos or tomatoes, might be an idea.
Hey Reg, that's a classic first post! Welcome to A4A!

Mandy365

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 11:27:21 »
found more info for you about that patch company.  they have an article about it www.mastaplasta.com/repair-your-leather-sofa-not-sure-where-to-start/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:30:57 by Mandy365 »

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 13:56:02 »
Welcome Mandy and Reg...  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal