Author Topic: My son has just cut a hole in my leather sofa!!!!  (Read 6527 times)

cocopops

• Acre
Re: My son has just cut a hole in my leather sofa!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 20:25:45 »
he admitted he did it
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 20:30:20 by cocopops »

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 20:35:07 »
The proper glue is H 66 Vinyl Cement but  the one i was trying to think of was Evostick
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 20:40:46 »
The proper glue is H 66 Vinyl Cement but  the one i was trying to think of was Evostick

That great, there is some spare leather underneath that I can use as a patch.  It will not be as it was but hey-ho.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 20:58:07 »
I feel for you.

But do think about whether the punishment is appropriate, after all it may affect his relationship with other children.

People started talking about punishment not being appropriate in the late 1980's and look how kids behave these days!!!

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 21:22:48 »
Hi cocopops, as a mum of 4 I can really understand where you are coming from, everyone needs a rant at some point!

The list of what my darlings have done as an experiment is rather long and I'm sure the list of what they will do in the future is even longer ::)

Only you can decide what is an appropriate course of action,  I generally find that once the initial dismay has gone things don't seem so bad. 6 is a perfectly reasonable age to realise what he did was wrong and I'm sure that he will learn from it.

Glad that a remedy for the sofa has been found.... ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 21:39:32 »
I washed the kitchen floor with a bottle of Chanel No5 when I was 5 according to my mum. (The only present my dad had ever bought her apparently) It was an anniversary present and the v expensive stoppered bottle.
She said she was sitting in the front room and I was pootling about the flat (above the pub my parents ran) and she said she caught a whiff at the same time she thought "Emma's quiet", ran to the kitchen and there I was, cloth in hand, giving the floor a polish.
Her words -"I wanted to throw you out of the window."  ;D

Glad to hear the sofa is responding to treatment.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 22:15:26 »
I wouldn't cancel his party.  You'll calm down and get over it one way or another.  Maybe stop his tv, pocket money or treats for a week or two, cancel it up to xmas as its only 3 weeks.  He is only 6 once so don't miss out on celebrating his childhood.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 22:21:28 »
I washed the kitchen floor with a bottle of Chanel No5 when I was 5 according to my mum. (The only present my dad had ever bought her apparently) It was an anniversary present and the v expensive stoppered bottle.
She said she was sitting in the front room and I was pootling about the flat (above the pub my parents ran) and she said she caught a whiff at the same time she thought "Emma's quiet", ran to the kitchen and there I was, cloth in hand, giving the floor a polish.
Her words -"I wanted to throw you out of the window."  ;D

Glad to hear the sofa is responding to treatment.

Back in the early 60's my uncle sent my mother a Chanel perfume collection, 6 or 7 small bottles in a presentation box, horrendously expensive back then. My sister made my mum's pillow smell nice for weeks with them.

ericelf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 22:36:52 »
The joys of children..I have 3 boys and 1 girl all grown up now but can remember one of the boys when he was about 3yrs finding a can of white paint in the garage and painting white lines all up the street just like the council workman he'd seen painting zig-zag lines next to the pedestrian crossing the previous day!
He was the same little darling who managed to climb up to the bathroom cabinet and get down the loo cleaner and wash his hair with it which turned his hair bright green!
gnomes4ever

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 22:42:02 »
djbrenton-yay-I'm glad to know I have a partner in crime!
ericelf-that's so funny-you've just reminded me of the time me and my two younger sisters painted the inside of the shed with my mum's paint for the living room! Mint green! Nice.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 23:21:28 »
. and it all seems quite normal and reasonable when you're doing it. Until the parents come along and explode.

Oh? .... Really???  ;D :o :o :o

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 23:30:24 »

My daughter and her friend, painted a pink and green stripe down the cats back :o when they were about six ,it was paint i had left over from decorating the kitchen, my daughter is now grown up and she hides her face if anyone
says anything about it. :-[
Ah happy days.
     June. ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 23:31:35 »
Sorry honey i cant advise you on a fix but heres a hug to take the sting of the damage away :)

Funny my younger brother and I were only talking about the tricks he use to get up to heres just 2 :-
  • A neighbor had a new black car turn up and my brother painted it white with emulsion paint as the neighbour had told him he would have prefered a white car when he was 6
  • Another neighbor had a little girl who was spoilt rotten she was playing doctors and nurses with my brother he though she was not making a good enough patient and so he hit her with a 8lb hammer he was 5years old

so it could be worse :)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 23:34:14 »
 So sorry about your sofa, i hope the repair works well for you Cocopops.

My Grandson when he was about the same age drew a lovely road & scenery all over a large space of a newly decorated wall :o :o, Daughter rushed to buy a small tin of emulsion before Grandad, came home!!. Phew!!! ;D ;D ;D

snipsnip

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 00:30:10 »
Cocopops hope you are all feeling better about it today.  I know you can get it professionally repaired my friend had hers done and you wouldn't know it had been damaged,

June loved the cat story I can just imagine the poor cat ;D

Cam did your brother turn out okay? LOL

Snip

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 07:06:11 »
I was wondering if a cobblers type place could do a repair?

Other than that this thread has made me giggle out loud at the stories - a nice unintentional bonus eh  ;D

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 15:35:51 »
When my son was younger 6+ and did something he should not have done I would not punish him if he owned up and admitted what he had done and did not lie. I would thank him for telling the truth, he is an only child so I knew it was him anyway but did not enlighten him about that- if it was something that needed cleaning up or sorting out I would get hime to help sort it out so he did have to contribute to sorting the problem out.

I was fortunate I do not remember him doing anything really drastic. However his 15 now and I sometimes acuse him of doing something as there is not a brother or sister who have done it and then have my husband call out that it was him.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 16:42:25 »
How annoying, but if you get another lump of leather, you will be able to fix the next hole before it even happens.

TAXI.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 16:53:46 »
Hi Cocopops- hope you're feeling a bit better today!

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 17:29:26 »
Bottoms...  ACE beat me to my line.......

We had an unintentional hole repaired on a leather sofa years ago, it was pretty much invisible unless you knew where to look..

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal