Author Topic: CHRISSYMAS  (Read 1093 times)

ACE

• Hectare
CHRISSYMAS
« on: December 01, 2009, 22:03:43 »
I know it starts earlier and earlier each year, but I notice the shops and stores are not giving Xmas a lot of room. Just a small area in a lot of shops dedicated to 'Gifts'

I reckon they have finally got the message and they now know that we will not be seriously be xmas shopping until the sales are on. Seeing as they do not wait until January anymore and each shop likes to get the jump on its competitors they are keeping the stores clear of decs and holly ready to flood the market with the cheaper bargains.

It is the impression I am getting. What is it like in your area?

I also realise without Woolies the high streets seem empty.

betula

• Hectare
Re: CHRISSYMAS
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 22:34:33 »
Well I only have a few more pressies to get now.I know I will be mad when I see the price drops but I can't face pushing my way through crowds of people these days.

Solihull has not been particularly busy the last few weekends.

Always get my cards and wrapping paper in the sale after christmas so I know that is sorted.  :)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 22:39:37 »
Oh Woolies-I miss you so.  :'(
Last year I picked up all my pressies luvverly and cheap in the week before Christmas as I didn't have time to shop earlier, worked out well though, everywhere was having a sale. 
I love the feeling of doing everything very close to the day as it's much more exciting and Christmassy! Can't wait!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 23:34:43 »
I know it's not the same as mooching about in their shop but they're trading online apparently.
www.woolworths.co.uk

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 23:49:49 »
I am still celebrating Halloween!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 23:54:01 »
It appears you have good company  :P ;D (and your PM box is full!)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 00:14:11 by SamLouise »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:32 »
From what my daughter has been telling me (who has a weekend job on the perfume counter in Boots), everyone is playing safe and appears to be buying perfume/aftershave this year! That counter has the biggest turnover in the store this time of year, I was amazed how much they took in one day! ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:41:30 »
Was reading today in our local paper that 20 national retailers are likely to go bust in the new year - creditors hoping that Xmas sales might lessen their losses. Our Borders bookshop has stopped selling papers etc and everything reduced. Reckon we ain't seen nuffin yet!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal