Author Topic: Mr Tichmarsh  (Read 6740 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Mr Tichmarsh
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 11:45:49 »
Who is Jamse Perry???

What entitles him/her to speak for the nation??

Who ever he is he seems to have hit the nail on the head.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 13:27:20 »
The Tuscan Beaneater

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 13:39:33 »
I go to the Gardener's world garden show at the NEC every year.It is always packed and when the celeb gardeners are around they attract huge crowds.

The programme has many followers who obviously enjoy it.

Some weeks it is good some not so good,I agree the silly games are a bit of a waste of time but overall it is a fairly good programme.

I am not surprised that Joe does not tend his allotment,with his lifesyle it is a no brainer really but saying that it was good to see an allotment slot.They would probably done better by following real allotment holders,I loved that programme the Big Dig,that sort of format would have been better I think

I like Alan's style of presentation and it would be good to see him make a come back.   :)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 10:58:21 »
Went walking in Derby at the weekend with a group from work, one of them told me that AT is going to do a show on walking in the UK for the Beeb so will not be going back to GW. ???

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 11:58:48 »
 I like Christine Walkden for good advice and a huge laugh. 

There must be some undiscovered gardening stars out there. Perhaps they need some kind of competition to find a new presenter.  Afterall they did that to find Adam Henson of Countryfile.  There must be lots of charismatic gardening types out there.

mrestofus

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 20:31:09 »
maybe they should  do a reality show to see who should be the next head gardener of gardeners world.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 22:18:35 »
There must be some undiscovered gardening stars out there.
That's just the trouble since Geoff Hamilton died - Titmarsh and then Donkey Kong were all about being TV stars.  Sensible and inventive gardeners like Bob Flowerdew and Anne Swithinbank were pensioned off to radio and a solid gardening programme became just another ponsey, vapid lifestyle show.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 10:02:12 »
Maybe the GW team should have a look how the BBC in Scotland do it,the Beechgrove garden team are much better than our lot.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal