Author Topic: Mr Tichmarsh  (Read 6738 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Mr Tichmarsh
« on: November 16, 2009, 16:40:35 »
Rumor as it he's going back to gardening for the BBC.....Gardeners world maybe ???

GRACELAND

• Hectare
Re: Mr Tichmarsh
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 16:53:36 »
i don't belive death is the end

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 17:02:56 »
I do like Alan I must admit.

I was a bit confused when I clicked onto Alan's Allotment to see it has been inhabited by someone called Lottie,could not see Alan on his allotment..... ??? ??? ???

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 18:09:20 »
Looks like it's his chat show. Never seen it myself.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 09:28:10 »
In one of the gardening mags i was looking at (i was shopping with OH)in Morrisons,it said he's returning to gardening.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:17 »
In one of the gardening mags i was looking at (i was shopping with OH)in Morrisons,it said he's returning to gardening.

I thought that was a shop for poor people who do not mind what they get sold under the guise of food. So it stands to reason the magazines they sell will be full of lies.

Morrisons have tried to move south with the takover of safeways, but the northern sh!te they try to palm off on us is rubbish. I have forbidden my wife to shop there and if she is feeling lazy and does go there (easy parking) anything that is their own brand I refuse to eat it. It really makes me wonder how people can buy and eat such awful rubbish.

aggie

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:41 »
They took over from our Safeway's did not last long down here (south)  Sainsbury's have taken it over now. Must admit i do miss Safeway's.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 11:22:28 »
What northern sh!te would that be then Ace? a couple a voulevonts wash down we a bottle a Chardonnay is not what we call a meal in Notts unlike you nesh buggers down south  we need food that will stick t ya ribs to help us get through the long winter months....black pudding, tripe,pigs trotters and a good thick stew on ya chips,  followed by a pudding(dessert to your lot) we a thick custard on washed down by a good dark ale not that warm Nat's p!ss ya get  down there.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 11:41:08 »
Not too sure what ACE means with regard to Morrisons. What choices do we really have. All the lower end supermarkets are the same. I have a friend that works for Tescos and she has told me some horror stories about that store. I really dont think that Morrisons are the only supermarket that is bad. Marks and Spencers I know pick better looking foods especially vegetables for their stores( or should I say prettier vegetables) the other supermarkets buy their produce at a lower standard than M&S.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 11:58:54 »
I think growing your own vegetables make you realise how bad the store veg. are.   
Do agree yet again with Ace.   I shopped there once and that was more than enough. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 12:03:23 »
What northern sh!te would that be then Ace? a couple a voulevonts wash down we a bottle a Chardonnay is not what we call a meal in Notts unlike you nesh buggers down south  we need food that will stick t ya ribs to help us get through the long winter months....black pudding, tripe,pigs trotters and a good thick stew on ya chips,  followed by a pudding(dessert to your lot) we a thick custard on washed down by a good dark ale not that warm Nat's p!ss ya get  down there.
I gather from your posts you are a bit of a trencherman, so I don;t suppose you would last long down here on a couple of carrots and the mark of Zorro on your plate. I expect the food you describe is very tasty, but not from Morrisons who seem to be able to take the taste out of their food.

I shall be indulging in a small snack later for lunch. Bubble and Sqeak, gammon steak, couple of fried eggs and a tin of beans. Better make that half a tin I'm on a diet. Oh! and FULL pint not half a glass of bubbles

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:21 »
They all p!ss in the same pot I've got a mate who worked at a bakery the only difference between the crumpets they sent to M&S and say Tesco was the packaging and price

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 12:15:53 »
Oh! and FULL pint not half a glass of bubbles
Ya mean a head on it. ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 12:17:30 »
Not too sure what ACE means with regard to Morrisons. What choices do we really have. All the lower end supermarkets are the same. I have a friend that works for Tescos and she has told me some horror stories about that store. I really dont think that Morrisons are the only supermarket that is bad. Marks and Spencers I know pick better looking foods especially vegetables for their stores( or should I say prettier vegetables) the other supermarkets buy their produce at a lower standard than M&S.
Duke
I missed this one while I was typing an answer for Grenouilles. Morrisons seem to sell complete rubbish under their own brand, even the stuff they cook in the shop is awful. I do not know if you include Sainsburys in the lower end, But if you stay away from the crap that is endorsed by a 'make it up as we go along chef'. Most of their own brand is passable. While I was holidaying in the frozen wastelands of the north. We came across a supermarket called Booths. Their prices were good the produce was top notch and the service was fantastic. If a small chain can do it so can the rest. I cannot compare with Tescos as we never use them anymore, because of the stupid voice on the advert and people tend to take their rugrats with them when shopping there

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 12:21:14 »
Oh! and FULL pint not half a glass of bubbles
Ya mean a head on it. ;)

nothing wrong with a a nice bit of head.  ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 12:48:27 »
 I worked for a company years ago who did M&S food & it was the same as other stores they just had there own packaging.  They did check on occasions that the company i worked for had good hygiene standards though it kept the company on there toes, they were clean by the way.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 12:50:24 »
 Pleeeese let it be true Alan is going back to GW, i would watch it again.
It is so bloody boring now can`t bear it anymore.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 12:57:14 »
I worked for a company years ago who did M&S food & it was the same as other stores they just had there own packaging.  They did check on occasions that the company i worked for had good hygiene standards though it kept the company on there toes, they were clean by the way.
Yes funny how a pork pie can taste better from one than another even when it was made in the same factory.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 13:02:38 »
Pleeeese let it be true Alan is going back to GW, i would watch it again.
It is so bloody boring now can`t bear it anymore.
Your not the only one, i think they should give Carol a go.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 13:23:01 »
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee not Carol !!

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal