Author Topic: cleaning filter  (Read 2808 times)

aggie

• Half Acre
cleaning filter
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:14:44 »
My pond is crystal clear at the moment. when should i clean the filter, i have not cleaned it for about 2 years.  Or should i leave well enough only?

Ishard

• Hectare
Re: cleaning filter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:35 »
If the filter looks dirty then clean it. I clean mine about every 3 month or so.  :)
A tip here: a filter should always smell clean,, if it smells fishy/eggy/just plain nasty youve left it too long before cleaning.

And certainly clean it before going into winter as the bacteria will continue to grow and eventually cause illness in your fish, usually in early spring before the fishes immune system is up and running.

Remember to clean the filter with pond water only.

Wear gloves etc as it has been known when cleaning filters for the cleaner person to get severe illnesses.

aggie

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 17:40:05 »
OK Ishard the weather is too bad this weekend but will clean it out at the first opportunity.

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:48:12 »
Filters should be cleaned regularly.They will begin to poison the whole pond unless they are regularly done,especially when you have a lot of fish.I realise i have come into this topic at the wrong time of year so i see you did clean them,but please do keep on top of them as soon as you start to feed the fish again..
Margaret

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 21:50:34 »
every 2 weeks at least once a month, many parameters/variables depending

FilZer

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 17:26:15 »
          Every month I clean our air filter. I don't know why I only get few dirt in our filter. I think our filter is broken or just our environment is clean.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal