Author Topic: problem with oxalis  (Read 1785 times)

ACE

• Hectare
problem with oxalis
« on: November 12, 2009, 21:37:10 »
We have one of these in a pot which has been doing very well for a long time, but it started to get what I call a rust type mark on the leaves. I cut it right down then when it grew it was perfect, then all the rust came back again. These plants are bombproof in the garden with only slugs and snails listed as pests or desease. I do have them outside as a seasonal perrenial. It is only her houseplant that is suffering. Has anybody else had this trouble.

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
Re: problem with oxalis
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 07:43:19 »
When you get rust on a pot plant the spores will remain in the soil. You could give the plant a drink with a systemic fungicide like "fugus fighter. removing as much top soil as possible and replacing with new could help.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 08:13:19 »
Why didn't I think of that, must be having 'senior moments' It was put in some iffy(b&q) compost now that I come to think of it. Thanks

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 17:44:23 »
Wash the compost off the roots, cut off the infected leaves, and repot in decent stuff.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:50:19 »
The trouble with cleaning these plants is the roots,  they are are millions of little nudules, they will get washed away. I have dumped the plant and dug another from the garden to pot on for the house. (in decent compost)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal