Author Topic: Digeroos pass the parcel seed swap on its way  (Read 29641 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Digeroos pass the parcel seed swap on its way
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2010, 18:02:27 »
If it's going around again, I'm interested!

actiongran

• Not So New ...
  • Actiongran
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2010, 08:25:51 »
Digeroo, im not sure how to pm the next person as its hidden in the profile, could you let them know please? many thanks, actiongran.

actiongran

• Not So New ...
  • Actiongran
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2010, 08:26:52 »
parcel on its way to  a gardening peg!

actiongran

• Not So New ...
  • Actiongran
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2010, 08:32:04 »
this is gonna make me late but I have to say I was disappointed with the parcel. It was dirty, messy lots of loose soil and seeds all over the place when I emptyied it out, with packets opened and not closed again.  what a shame there was not much on offer and.... it cost the sender £4.45 . Could we please keep it to SEEDS  to reduce the postage. I have added some and cleaned up bought a nice new jiffy envelope and its not been a great swap like some I have taken part in on here.
Rant over, thanks for listening!!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2010, 09:33:40 »
It was invigourated recently by myself and Crisscross  so yet again the idea of a swap seems to be a bit of an issue.  I will have to have a big think of a new system before next year.  It started out with loads of different seeds.

Anyone got any ideas.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2010, 09:42:44 »
What has happened, with digeroos top up and Chrisscrosses, i was really looking forward to something. I thought that the idea was that we put in more than we take out, there has not been many swaps since Chris so i am quite shocked that the parcel was so bad for actiongran, i will try my best to top it up as much as i can when it gets to me, someone must have a bit of a conscience somewhere, well you have to live with yourself for spoiling it for the rest.

sorry for being so harsh but dont you hate it when the few spoil it for the many  :o  >:(

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2010, 09:56:35 »
Ok i don't know where this went wrong but there where loads of good seeds in when it arrived here. Ok so there where some loose seeds but i surpose that always happens in the post, it doesn't take long to tidy up. If the postage has gone up it it must still have a good stock of seeds, i think i paid £3.25 in postage so many swaps ago.

mickhindle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:51 »
I agree - dont know where the varity has gone - i added several new packets and took very little out! I also repackaged the swap in a new jiffy, as the old one was getting in a bit of a sorry state. If is gonig to come round again add me to the list
Mick

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2010, 15:30:20 »
I think both the oca and the Catawissa I added should be justified because of the number of people asking for them; I'm always sending out the latter. I repacked some seeds from the bottom when I had it but it sounds as though they must have fallen out again, as I didn't have spare ziplock bags. I think it's OK to include part-used seed packets, but it would be better to put each one inside a ziplock bag or something similar. They were well packed when they left me, but it was an old Jiffy bag and they won't last forever.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2010, 15:38:30 »
I must admit, i include part used seed packets or i make my own packets, problem is they can be a nightmare for the next person as i sellotape them up like fort knox, does not look pretty but does the job.  :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2010, 19:08:31 »
I remember those; they're good packets but if you only want to take some and send the rest on you'd have to make a new packet unless you snipped the top really neatly, then taped it again. Most people probably wouldn't bother. Another time, I'll try to ensure that I've got loads of ziplock bags; they're the best I've come across for short term seed storage. I'm not so sure about long-term as they don't breathe.

james_Harvey

• Not So New ...
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2010, 16:45:36 »
I think i'm next or 2nd in line, I have a load of zip lock bags that i have been saving for the seed swap so I can tidy up  the packet when i get it.

I'm looking forward to it

regards

James

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2010, 08:12:25 »
Actiongran, i am shocked, i received the seed parcel and although all of what digeroo and chris had put in there was gone, i had expected that (coz we all like different stuff), i found the parcel to be a decent size, robert the catawissa onions and oca are lovely, i have taken an oca and 1 bunch of catawissa, i so hope that you let me know what to do and when to plant. The rest of the seeds were mainly standard stuff which is good as i like to grow standard stuff and maybe have a few different varieties.

I apologise if i reacted to actiongrans rant, i do think that the parcel is a good selection and i have added in more than i have taken out, i must say, actiongran you must have emptied out a lot of soil as the parcel is back to being approx 2.50 cost, and maybe that is what upset you.

Digeroo, thank you for arranging this seed swap, and i do hope it goes round again, we do appreciate what you have done.

I will be completing my seed additions tonight and as the postoffice in my village is closed Thurs i will get it in the post Friday.

Agin thankyou guys for all your swaps to the parcel and i hope that the next recipient enjoys it as much as i do.

regards

Kx  ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2010, 16:33:59 »
Plant the Catawissa straight away, it's really hardy. Put it in about nine inches apart, and give it two years to reach full size. I honestly don't remember any soil!

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2010, 06:39:53 »
ok, i am not very good at the cryptic clues so as per my way of going to the lowest common denominator the parcel is on its way to the land of white stilletos and burberry baseball caps and Faces nightclub...............talk about bad stereotypes, sorry cant thing of anything clever.

;D

james_Harvey

• Not So New ...
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2010, 19:26:03 »
 ;D

Is it me??

I live in a small village, i moved out of the seaside town to get away from the bad image LOL

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 09:28:48 »
Hmmm it could be

hee hee  ;D

;D

Is it me??

I live in a small village, i moved out of the seaside town to get away from the bad image LOL

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 11:01:52 »
There are now two more to go, are there any more swappers?

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2010, 11:10:33 »
So is it going around again?  ;D

it is jolly good fun

There are now two more to go, are there any more swappers?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 17:53:35 »
I hope it does!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal