Author Topic: printing from the net  (Read 1405 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
printing from the net
« on: November 03, 2009, 16:55:57 »
Does anyone know why when I print some stuff from the internet it displays on print preview as full page size but prints off postcard size?My son in law changed  the size via file-page set up and Ive done that,the A4 size I select stays blue in the selection box (am I making sense  ??? ) but still prints postcard size ::) We got it to work once but it's waited 'til my backs turned and gone back small.As you can tell from this and other posts I'm totally green technically so what others find straightforward is often dutch to me so if anybody knows an answer to this please be gentle with me :)
sanity is overated

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: printing from the net
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 17:42:04 »
Macmac,

try here it may help
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Printing-webpages-frequently-asked-questions

I would make sure your browser and printer driver are updated or install a different browser like Firefox.

The only way I can make this happen is if I setup the browser to print A5 and print on A4 - I then get a page that might look like yours.
What printer and what browser??
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: printing from the net
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 21:19:38 »
This is where Linux has the advantage. We have a software called "CUPS/PDF Printer". Anything on screen (except animated graphics and video) sent to "Print to CUPS/PDF" will be saved as a .pdf file complete with all graphics etc.
I often use it for saving webpages and emails.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal