Author Topic: Really Good Mag for the Technically Challenged!  (Read 1617 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Really Good Mag for the Technically Challenged!
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:13:01 »
I'm one of those, and the husband is worse. ::) we are changing pc, isp, the lot this week. The new pc allows us to upgrade to Windows 7 so I thought I'd get some info on it. I found Computer Active - a magazine which looked as though it would tell me all I needed to know. It certainly did, and lots of other stuff too.I actually could understand loads of articles, with things to try. There is a jargon buster with each article so you can understand it better.
Well worth every penny of £1.79!!

No I am not related to the author  ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Really Good Mag for the Technically Challenged!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 12:21:59 »
I can empathise! Looking at getting a new TV and trying to cope with everything from slim gender cables (some kind of sex aid? ;D ;D ;D) to dynamic contrast ratio.  :o :o

And all I really need to know is whether we can plug in current dvd, video and sky box + Wii without having a spaghetti junction all down the wall and across the room.  But nowhere can I find basic, useful info like that.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: Really Good Mag for the Technically Challenged!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:33:58 »
I found Computer Active - a magazine which looked as though it would tell me all I needed to know. It certainly did, and lots of other stuff too.I actually could understand loads of articles, with things to try. There is a jargon buster with each article so you can understand it better.
Well worth every penny of £1.79!!

No I am not related to the author  ;D ;D

I can thoroughly recommend Computer Active, I've had it on subscription for years. Funny thing is they've never increased the price to me. I took out a quarterly direct debit for £5.16 (80p per copy) which is not available now.

Although I now use Ubuntu/Linux and it is not so valuable to me now I don't cancel it as it's certainly worth 40p per week to me still. Using Ubuntu, I get the monthly magazine free (pdf download) which is Ubuntu specific.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal