Author Topic: J Parker  (Read 2312 times)

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
J Parker
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:56:30 »
Have juist sent me through their catalogue...

50 crocus free, just pay postage...

100 crocus free if you order with them for any amount..

Have a sale on some of their bulbs, their Apricot beauty tulip bulbs look gorgeous, £1.95 for 15, others there too....

Trying to resist the urge myself ::)
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

raisedbedted

• Hectare
Re: J Parker
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:07:30 »
I ordered from J Parker about 10 years ago and was completely unimpressed with the quality.

Then in the last year I have been tempted by their catalogues and seemingly low prices and so I placed an order for about 150 plants.

Fortunately for me after about 8 weeks they told me that 110 of them were out of stock, I say fortunate as the ones they did send were the most sickly rotten specimens I have ever seen.  Part of the greenhouse has now been termed the 'J Parker Wing ICU'

Memo to self, in 10 years time re read this post.
Best laid plans and all that

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 10:38:31 »
Had some polyanthus and primula wanda as well as raspberries and bamboo and bulbs from them last year.  Primula wanda great, raspberries ok, bamboo very very small.  It was in a 2 ltr pots but would have easily fittest in a 1/2 lts one.  I was hoping to grow climbing beans up it but some of my dwarf beans are taller.

Polyanthus arrived looking like someone had sat on them.  Got them back on track, put them outside and the slugs hooved them off.  Daffs good, pity about the tulips.

Did I mention how small the bamboo was?

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 20:40:13 »
Yes you did mention how small the bamboo was.
Thanks for this info.  I was about to get tempted.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 20:55:25 »
I am not a fan of J Parkers.  Their plants are of poor quality.  If they cannot supply an item they send you a credit note.  Having received poor quality goods, who in their right mind is going to order from them again.?

valmarg

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 19:40:52 »
I agree stay well clear of thier plants last year i had less than 50% survive delivery and those that were alive were small and straggly obviously from a very poorly managed greenhouse environment.
The bulbs are okay though- just so long as you stay away from the nerenes.
sunloving

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal