Author Topic: Sorry  (Read 1731 times)

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
Sorry
« on: October 22, 2009, 21:11:55 »
I'm not sure I should be wasting peoples time with this but I will do anyway....

My wife keeps buying me popping corn but all I ever do with it is add salt, how do I make it sweet, ie toffee etc? sad I know but I don't have a clue.

qahtan

• Hectare
  • Niagara Peninsula, ontario,,, canada.
Re: Sorry
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 21:24:37 »
 I have a recipe some where of butterscotch coated popcorn. if you want the recipe I shall have to search for it.. qahtan
 I t makes the stuff that you munch on while watching TV

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 21:26:05 »
My kids like to melt a little butter and pour over it then sprinkle some caster sugar over that.... me can-not stand the stuff..... On the funny side of popcorn Mrs brought some that you put in the microwave and some how set fire to it ;D need less to say we had to buy a new microwave and now only buy the stuff you do in the pan ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 22:04:51 »
THIS IS MY FAVOURITE.

Pop about half a cup of corn..then if you wish add dried cranberries and chopped nuts.Use a very large bowl.

Melt 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups  of maple syrup( use any pancake syrup if you wish to cut down the cost)and 1/2 cup golden syrup. boil till soft crack stage ( about 20 minutes) 275F on candy thermometer.

Blend popped corn and nuts etc to candy syrup and stir well till coated all over
, spread on greased trays , breaking into smaller clumps as you go and allow to cool.

This makes about 14 cups of  Maple Nut Popcorn.

If you want it VERY crisp, bake it in a 250f oven for about 1 hour but stir it every 10 or 15 minutes then allow to cool.

Tha basic syrup mixture can be used without the nuts and fruit but you would want to use a bit less or a bit more popcorn.

Here in Canada I use Corn syrup instead of the Golden syrup but it is hard to find in the UK, the golden syrup makes a fairly decent substitute but If you do find corn syrup use 2/3 rd cup instead of half.

You can add chocolate chips, cocoa powder,and pretty much anything you like. if you play with it a bit you will find a variation you will make your favourite. I have some other variations for cheesy, curried  or BBQ flavours if you wish..

Enjoy

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 07:29:26 »
I would just put a couple of oz of unsalted butter and same of sugar into a saucepan and bring it slowly to the boil so that it is a sticky mess and mix it with the freshly popped corn then it has to be spread on to a greased  tin so that it does not form a ball. When it is cold, separate it and enjoy.

Pop-corn has never really caught on here, not a British taste.

I found this site you might like to look at though

http://www.thatsmyhome.com/mainstreet/popcorn/index.htm

I wonder if it works turning it into those conrflake/ rice crispy cakes with chocolate? Probably not crispy enough.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:31:25 by PurpleHeather »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal