Author Topic: Robbery and criminal damage again!  (Read 1791 times)

daxzen

• Half Acre
  • this is isaac he is my allotment troll
Robbery and criminal damage again!
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:50:08 »
12 of our sheds were targetted on Saturday night - boltcroppers and whhel barrow for produce and for petrol movwers etc - its sickening! all that work .............

Its the second time in a month and it is starting to wear thin.

One of our group said why dont we just hang a sign outside

"Pick your own and robs us 24x7"

The police make us feel as though they have more imprtant things to do and ther are some who are starting to get miltant and feel at some affirmative action may be required.

I feel that this doesn't work apart from us feeling that at least we are trying to do something to protect ourselves.

Any suggestions that are practical ant at work - will be appreciated but I'd rather this did not deterirorate into a "hang em high" vigilantee. e.go how do we get the local bobbies to understand that to them  its petty crime and minless vanadklaim to us its much more than that.

dax

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: Robbery and criminal damage again!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:50:26 »
im very sorry to read this daxen  :( :(
what dealings have you had with the fuzz already,have they been to see the damage? you need a crime number from them,for your records. whats security like onsite,can it be improved through fundraising? does the local police station hold surgerys you could attend,mobhanded?
good luck and i sincerely hope this doesnt happen again to you all
r
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 18:13:28 »
you need to get the individual shed owners to each report a theft. this will upset the plod's crime numbers/results data. report it to the local paper, and to all local car-boot sites. btw, why do folk keep petrol lawnmowers in a 'easy to break into' wooden shed?  ???
You couldn't make it up!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 18:29:48 »
We've just been in the local rag because of all the nicking that goes on, the community plod have a key to show their presence, but they lost the first one and haven't even showed their faces at all.
It looks like a lump of 4x2 might be in order.   :o     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 20:11:03 »
We've got someone coming down on Friday nights to nick stuff. It's happened several times now. A fair number of plots have been broken into, most have little or no damage, but the odd one loses power tools. There's too much of it going on.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 20:43:23 »
the community plod

What is this?  I last saw a policeman walking around here several years ago. 

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 21:39:30 »
Dax

Find out where your local neighbourhood police surgery is held and turn up- more the better.  I know this is obvious but honestly the key to getting plod to take you seriously is to be logical and rational.  If you don't get any where first time, keep turning up and talking to them - eventually they'll do something even if it is just to shut you up!

Find out what the local plod's targets are - I bet anti social behaviour is in there somewhere along with theft and use that in your conversation with them; not threatening but simply demonstrating that you know what their priorities are.

It comes down to persistence - have you done everything you legally can to keep people out or at least make if difficult or uncomfortable to get in without a key?  Is the site secluded?  could you make the area more visible?

Every so often - because I am local and a bit sad ;D I drive over at night or walk with the dog with the big flash light and swosh it about a bit - keeps em on their toes.............

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal