Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Hoping for lottie soon

(1/4) > >>

Hot_Potato:
:-/Hi guys - no idea if I'm doing this right....but here goes.....I'm new but as yet....haven't got a lottie....going later today to have a look at site to see whats available....it's ages since I've gardened (live in a flat now and just itching to get going again)....so will probably need lots of advice.....have'nt got a tool to my name as yet....told all I need at the moment is a spade & fork?......excited but real nervous about it all....will welcome any advice......if I'm doing anything wrong with the posting of this message....please tell me as I'm quite new to computers & groups too......Hot Potato

Ceri:
Hello HP - good decisions (getting a lottie and joining A4U board). Good luck, let us know whereabouts you are - you'll probably find someone here from your area - how are you going about getting a lottie - my advice would be don't rely on going on a council waiting list (obviously depends on your council) - visit as many council and self-managed sites as possible and talk to people - you may find lists are out of date.  I got mine only about 3 months ago so there are lots of us here new at it - and a fair few experts to dazzle us too!  Good luck :)

teresa:
Hi HP
Just want to wish you good luck on the lottie hunting and yes a fork and spade good start to get digging.  ;)Good advice from Cerig and some fantistic lighthearted gardeners here. 8)
Teresa

cdchater:
Welcome to the site HP and good luck with the lottie. I only got my lottie a few months ago and I've only just got my shed built. A good tip for getting hold of some tools - I went to a local auction and managed to pick up all the tools I needed (spade, fork, rake, hoe and loads more) plus a wheelbarrow - all for £10! A good bargain if you can find a good auction room.  :)

Claire

Hot_Potato:
:)Was really pleased to get replies from some of you - got to allotments at 8.45 and waited for person to arrive to show me what was available. As I only want half a plot....dont feel I could cope with more at this stage anyway....there were only a couple available. There were others but in a very overgrown state & I know I couldn't cope with them.....(need to build up my strength again not having gardened for a long time)...have chosen one thats not too bad.....more or less covered with carpet, which is good and has a couple of fruit bushes (needing attention plus a small pear tree.....there is no shed at present but if I get on ok I'll see what I can do about that...I wanted to be on this particular site as it's a secure site and not far from where I live.....which is in the Berkshire area (not far from Reading)....big thanks to Cerig, Teresa and Claire.....for helpful advice....what a good idea to go to an auction.....will look in local paper....also have got a friend who goes to boot sales every weekend and she might keep her eyes open for me - she knows what to look for......if not there are some kept in a communal shed that I could borrow for time being....H.P. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version