Author Topic: Ryobi Expannd-It garden tools  (Read 1070 times)

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
Ryobi Expannd-It garden tools
« on: September 25, 2009, 15:59:34 »
Anone got a Ryobi Expannd-It ? Any good ?

http://www.ryobi-direct.com/acatalog/Expand_it_Range.html

I was thinking of a Brush Cutter, a Pruner and a Hedge Trimmer all powered by a 30cc petrol engine for about £200.00
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

PhilB

• Not So New ...
Re: Ryobi Expannd-It garden tools
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 19:09:02 »
Ive got the cultivator, brush cutter and strimmer attachments. I only used the brushcutter when clearing the allotment for the first time. The cultivator and strimmer are in regular use both at home and at the allotment

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 20:27:01 »
i dont think the cultivator would be much use on the allotment...to light

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:52:46 »
I've got the brushcutter, strimmer, mower and cultivator. The brushcutter/strimmer is good, and I'm considering buying an extra strimmer head so that I can have a quick-change between the two rather than having to fiddle about unbolting the various bits to swap them out ATM. The mower is useful on small areas of grass like paths and does a lot better job than a strimmer for that... There cultivator is a bit light but it's not intended to replace a Howard Gem so don't expect it to... I find it useful for seed-bed preparation where it can turn a strip of dug soil into a very fine tilth very much quicker than I can by hand, it's also good for weeding between wider spaced rows, but modern planting techniques are frequenly too close together for it to be used there.

BTW, Ryobi are notorious for not starting as per manual, so you might need to experiment....

Baaaaaaaa

• Acre
  • Life's a treat for those who bleat.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 13:35:38 »
There good BUT only if you can get them started. AND THATS A BIG IF.

The reason there are so many of them on Ebay is precisely that problem. Buy from a store and if it doesn't work, take it back and get them to demonstrate starting it. If they offer a replacement, don't leave the shop until they've shown that the replacement will start.

For a few ways to get it started see - http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=71657

Once its going its a good tool and well worth having.

Is it better that buying separate tools ?? depends how often you use it and how often you need to change the heads as they can be quite fiddly
Maximus, Procerus, Vegetus

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:52:08 »
Looks a good site. They suggest changing the sparkplug. How deep can you work the soil with the cultivator?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal