Author Topic: What's it like up there.  (Read 1396 times)

ACE

• Hectare
What's it like up there.
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:05:37 »
I need a weather report on the area around Ingleton, north west yorkshire and lancashire, I will be heading for the frozen wastelands of the north in a few days time. Can I keep my silk boxers or do I need to change to thermal long johns?

I expect it is colder than here but, how cold! Also is there any chance of getting a decent pint, not a frothy half pint but a  real southern tasty brew that fills the glass.

I shall bring my own pies as I know yours are soon sold out, judging from the size of some of you. ;)

Now I shall be paying a flying visit to your tacky northern entertainment centre. (Blackpool) where is the best fish and chips. I don't want any of that imitation  Harry Ramsdons stuff.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: What's it like up there.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:40:45 »
having grown up in the north west and emigrated south I'd take full wet weather gear with you  :P  ;D

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:39 »
and don't forget if you're eating out and you ask for a side-salad, they'll give you a plate of cold chips

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 10:36:08 »
the full moon is on the 4th - just the right time for you to be emerging  ;D BUT apparently there is a big frost warning coming with it especially worse in northern regions - unusual when the full moon occurs in early October so be warned

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 11:09:53 »
the full moon is on the 4th

I'd watch yourself if I was you ACE, cus it's on the full moon that they sacrifice a virgin on top of the Balckpool Tower, and obviously it's a real struggle to find one among the locals  ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:47 »
You have to realise one of the reasons of going to the frozen wastelands of the north is to spend some of my wealth, so the poor unfortunates who have to live there might get a square meal this year. I shall be tipping the odd sixpence here and there, so I shall be safe from the Blackpool druids.

I also have an old bag of clothes and worn out boots that I shall be distributing to the natives in exchange for a promise to find some work and earn their keep.

Keep a look out for me on the promenade, I will be the philantropist  that is being followed by all the ragged @rsed kids begging  for pennies. 8)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 12:07:38 »
he's bloomin' Lobby Lud!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:17 »
he's bloomin' Lobby Lud!
Well you ain't getting the ten bob! ;D

I wonder if anybody ever did?

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 18:23:18 »
Still using 10 bob notes on the IoW then. Suppose you use them to pay the servants

actually I think it was £5. Bit of a fortune circa 1930 (but obviously small change on the IoW)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 11:28:21 »
Frost on the way Ace,not sure a tender perennial from IoW would cope with it.wrap them there extremities up warm we don't need to leave anything up there do we :o . ;)

daxzen

• Half Acre
  • this is isaac he is my allotment troll
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 13:14:25 »
ingleton is a special place

gaping gill is a national treasure

enjoy!

dax

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal