Author Topic: Thought it was too much of a bargain.......  (Read 7073 times)

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: Thought it was too much of a bargain.......
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 11:56:49 »
I would still report it all to your credit card company & see what they say.

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 08:59:10 »
I used to be in business and my motto was treat your customer as you would like to treat yourself. Almost 99% of my work came from my customers recommendations. No business no matter how small or big can treat their customers with contempt if they do then their business is going down hill all the way. I ran my business for 38 Years and yes I made a few mistakes in that time (I`m human), but I always made sure I put things right and leave my customer happy after all the test of good business practice is that you keep your customers coming back to you.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 09:35:46 »
I agree Powerspade. Without doubt if you receive great customer service from a company, you go back and buy again! A good example is Real Seeds, a small company but treat their customers brilliantly, and demonstrate understand of how growers feel. I emailed them after I had zero germination from some lettuce and pepper seeds, and received an apology and replacements straightaway so that I could try again before it was too late...........with Capital Gardens, all I wanted was the correct number of shallots I had ordered and paid for! I'm glad forum members share their experiences both good and bad, it is very helpful to all.

IAs for the credit card companyPoppy Mole, I believe the transaction has to be for a sum over £100 before they can act (I checked on the MoneySavers site) so have no case their either I'm afraid. :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 09:39:34 »
have you forwarded this thread to the manager or owner (not customer service)?

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 10:01:27 »
Sorry didn't realise there was a minimum spend involved.

Sholls

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 20:56:45 »
Deb, I've read this thread with great interest. I, as a first-time customer, tried to make several small seed purchases from Capital Gardens at the end of August/beginning of September; I've never encountered a company that was so reluctant to take my money.

The impression I was left with was that the left hand didn't know what the right was doing & that their internal systems simply don't work. I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but I'm intrigued; has anyone had a positive experience with CG?

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 21:59:00 »
Sorry didn't realise there was a minimum spend involved.
There is not a minimum spend, although there is the £100 limit that made a difference.
Below £100, you will only get your money back if the card company gets the money back from the company via a charge back.
Above £100, the card company is liable for your money, even if they can not get the money back from the company.
Anyway, the card company could only get your money back, not get you your shallots.

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 12:02:43 »
Sholls, interesting to read your experience, that was my impression as well. Anyway, I've been and purchased another 50 Jermor shallots from the local garden centre, they are exactly the same Taylors grown ones as I received from Capital Gardens and they are now in the ground.... ;D

I have also been very 'norty' and ordered some other shallot varieties from T&M (yes I know.... :: after the late potato debacle the other year I swore I wouldn't order from them again, but they were the only place I could buy the types I wanted!) that are for spring planting, due to arrive anywhere between January to April...shall we place bets now as to which month they will turn up! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 13:10:37 »
well at least your sorted now but this is i am afraid a situation that happens often online usually with high priced white goods which are miss priced on web sites and non of these orders are honored either.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 16:13:22 »
well at least your sorted now but this is i am afraid a situation that happens often on-line usually with high priced white goods which are miss priced on web sites and non of these orders are honored either.
Some companies will honour your orders, I think it all depends on how big a mistake and how big the company, I have a friend who has twice managed to buy `mistake bargains`.

On a similar note, middle of last month I ordered a discounted darlek composter for £15.
28 days layer, it had not arrived. I checked their website, they said they no longer do the discounted composters since the end of the Sep, anyway emailed them to ask when it would be delivered.

Week later, no reply to email, they had not taken any money, so last Sat went to B&Q and bought one full price.
Got home, had a coffee and sit down, then when out to go to the plot to get something for tea, what was sitting outside...... well I've got enough darleks to keep me going for a while  ;D
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal