Author Topic: B'ham city/council tax.  (Read 2188 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
B'ham city/council tax.
« on: September 16, 2009, 19:40:34 »
I pay my council tax on line every month by credit card.  This month I cannot get the form on screen.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: B'ham city/council tax.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 19:48:18 »
Sorry, can't help. Mine gets paid by DD - and they don't seem to have any probs collecting it ;D

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:27:32 »
My son lives in B'Ham. Think the council have recently launched their new revamped website - not very successfully, lots of broken links etc. That could be your problem - complain.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:33:19 »
Thanks but how?  I phoned a no. I found on-line.  Too many menus and then got a reply there was a 10 min. wait..  Emailed several times.  No reply.
I like to pay on-line by credit card because I get points for vouchers and it gives me 4 weeks extra time to pay.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 08:27:44 »
We pay by DD too so cannot help you love
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:47:15 »
Have e mailed my son (computer whizz) for advice - will let you know if he has any  ;D

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 13:43:41 »
Many thanks.  Have just tried again and emailed them 3rd time.  Await ,your info..  Thanks again.

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 03:19:52 »
Post Office ?

If there are any still open.   :(
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 06:36:32 »
Many thanks.  Have just tried again and emailed them 3rd time.  Await ,your info..  Thanks again.

Can't help with any advice about how to pay as I'm DD too, but when you email them, have you thought of asking for a 'read receipt'?  I know people can choose to say no to it, but most people don't and it seems to encourage them to reply.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

KittyKatt

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 09:01:09 »
I used to work before a council before I saw the light and dropped out! The only suggestion I can make is to ring the main switchboard number and ask to be put through to the relevant department. This used to bypass all those menus (don't know whether it will still work but its worth a try!). Another tip,  if you can manage to keep your cool it does make a difference. (Im sure you would anyway, but this is just for anyone else reading this!). the staff get shouted and screamed at all day, (I once witnessed an argument where a man was most irate as he had just come back from a 3 week holiday to Barbados and found his benefit had been stopped!!!!)
Kitty Katt

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 09:40:38 »
Thanks for answers and advice
I could go to the P.O.
I could put a cheque in the post.
I could do a D/D.
But I am a bit pig headed and if there is an option to pay on-line by C/C I would like to continue to do it that way if not they should notify me.
I take the point about not getting irate.  I use to manage a nursing home and had to deal with irate relatives.
I will email them again with reader receipt although I always ask them to confirm they have received my email.
Ringing the main no.  just gets a menu unless I am not using the right one.   I was on the phone for 20 mins before being told I was in a 10 min queue.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 09:59:56 »
Sorry to read it's still not sorted. I've just looked at my 2009/10 advice paper & I'd now be v. inclined (I live in S.B'ham) to email counciltaxnorth/south@birmingham.gov.uk (which seems to be the main Council Tax site, rather than the specific payment  payment email addy of birmingham.gov.uk/council-tax), and explain your probs in making a payment & ask them to refer your mail on to the appropriate dept. From the blurb, if you mail that first link they (quote) will aim to respond to you within 14 days by email - unless you ask for a telephone call or letter in reply.(unquote)

And then, frankly, I'd leave it.

You'll have put the ball firmly in their court and will have the email to prove it.

All the best.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:05:56 by Hyacinth »

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 13:27:37 »
You could also copy the email / letter to the complaints team in the CTax dept, I've found things tend to get responded to more quickly that way

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 15:08:26 »
Yep! You will have amply demonstrated your willingness to pay and pay by your chosen method which they offer and there will be a record of this.

I've said before and I'm saying it again - the ball really IS in their court..

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine while they sort THEIR problem out 8) ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal