Author Topic: Goji Berry seedlings  (Read 2203 times)

Chrispy

• Hectare
Goji Berry seedlings
« on: August 18, 2009, 21:13:15 »
Hi,
A have a few spare Goji Berry seedlings.
I've had them listed on www.allotmentswap.org.uk for a couple of weeks, but nobody on site seems interested, so if anybody would like 1 or 2 and can collect from Guildford, then send a PM including what sort of time is best for you.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Julie Bean

• Not So New ...
Re: Goji Berry seedlings
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 21:18:23 »
Would love to take some off you, BUT, live in Coventry. Where did you get the seeds in the first place?
Julia :D

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 21:40:06 »
Hi Julia,

I got the seeds from www.ukgojiberry.co.uk but I just checked and it looks like the site is down, but he still seems to be selling on ebay, http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ukgojiberry/

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 21:47:14 »
You can also take the seeds out of the berries you buy in a health food shop. Can't remember who on here did it - but took their advice and managed to germinate and grow some in a propagator.

Unfortunately with the damp last year the seedlings got a sooty mould and keeled over. I didn't try again this year.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 22:07:11 »
I grew quite a lot of seedling from a packet I got in Sainsburys.  Just picked about eight nice large looking berries, put them on top of some compost covered with a plastic bag and left on the window sill,  Got about 50 plants.  Potted on about 15. Finally planted about 14 in allotment, gave away a few.  Easy to grow.  Slow to start but are now about four foot tall. 

Started them in about Feb, grew a bit like tomato plants.  I think it may be another two years before they will actually produce any fruit.

ipt8

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 19:58:36 »
Hi, only just read this. I would be intereted in a couple of seedlings if you still have some. I live not to far away and could collect some time after next Monday.

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 21:20:34 »
I bought some plug plants this year and they are very quick growers, growing three feet already.
One plant produced a nice flower, but disappeared when we had some heavy rain.

Do they need pruning?
I've just let mine grow as they like, but the stalks are very long.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 21:30:49 »
Hi, only just read this. I would be intereted in a couple of seedlings if you still have some. I live not to far away and could collect some time after next Monday.
PM Sent

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 21:41:43 »
Do they need pruning?
What I have read so far, you can prune to get a good bush shape, but otherwise nothing special.
Mine are still little seedlings so still a while before I have to worry about such things.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal