Author Topic: What a nerve  (Read 2624 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
What a nerve
« on: July 22, 2009, 12:46:00 »
Poor Charlie, my old cat cannot sit on his lovely shed as it has been taken over by these two.  One of them came in my house and ripped the net curtains down and the poles in the front and back bedroom, must have got scared.  It is really funny as the bold one is the image of Zorba that I had to have put to sleep due to old age and illness, it can't be his kitten as he was 'done' but we call it Zorba 2.  The photos are not very clear as since he came in my house is a bit scared of me, but goes next door, just like Zorba did and sits outside their son's window, like Zorba.  They also call it Zorba 2 (a bit strange that he should have come back, must have liked it here).  Charlie is the black one forced to sleep in the bushes and as his shed is occupied.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: What a nerve
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 13:13:13 »
Oh dear, they are rather cute usurpers though aren't they!

My three toms have a similar problem, they all squabble with each other on and off, but a new young tomcat dared to wander into 'their' back garden, and seems to be cheekily intruding into their favourite spots. The dominant tom Vic seems to tolerate him, but Max and Archie are not keen at all and have had a few spats.

I'm also sure he has tried to follow them into the house through the catflap the other day, the boys were 'on watch' at the house side for hours! He is a ginger tom too the same as my three, also no relation as mine are all 'done' too, but he knows no fear this newbie.......if he gets on the wrong side of Vic he will soon be put in his place, he is the smallest of the three, but the fiercest!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 13:23:36 by Deb P »
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 13:18:38 »
Poor Charlie, he is on cat watch all day and night, and does a terrible howling, meowing if the kittens come in the garden.  Think he may have to give up his shed as he has trouble jumping up and down, think we may have to get a cat stairlift.  ;D ;D ;D  They are very sweet and know where they live, at the back of my garden, but seem to prefer mine as young children live at the end and cats do like peace and quiet.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 13:24:47 »
Poor Charlie, hopefully he will find another cosy spot! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 18:27:21 »
He looks ok in the bushes. Why not put him a little box down there of his own
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 18:43:27 »
You need another shed  :D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:26:45 »
Well, they seem to have come to a compromise, they share the big shed, but not too close together, think they will end up as friends as girl twin is so persistent.  She gave me a fright yesterday as come in the cat flap, came upstairs to the computer room and pulled the telephone down and disconnected the computer then got all tied up in the cables, round her neck, and got so scared wouldn't let me help her.  Thought I might have killed the kitten, had to move all the wires and shut this door in case she does it again.  Apart from pulling two net curtains down and the poles and jumping on the fridge and breaking my teapot and sleeping on my Argos plastic greenhouse roof and collapsing it and jumping in the bathroom window and scattering all the things on the window ledge has been quite good. Better make the house child/cat friendly again.  Had to squirt her with water the other day as she wouldn't let Charlie out the cat flap.  Oh well lucky I like cats and it does give Charlie an interest and stops him missing Zorba.  Better go downstairs and see if she is ripping up my back door mat.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal