General > Assisted Gardening

just cos your Disabled you can still do some gardening ( :

<< < (4/6) > >>

GRACELAND:
I think as we get creaky  ;D

we need to make things a wee bit easier for our selfs  :)

Hyacinth:
Davy, perhaps I'm not reading your first post on this thread right and I've misinterpreted it - if so, please accept my apologies. Your example of the gentleman who is paralized down one side being held up as an example of what can be achieved with the right mind-set, to those suffering from the severe debilitating on-going, sometimes excruciating,  pain of arthritis, for instance - a pain which doesn't stop at night when the sufferer goes to bed but can be relentless (plus, of course, the physical disability it also creates) doesn't to me, bear comparison. :-\

All disabilities are different and even the same 'condition' can cause varying problems with the afflicted.

I applaud all the members here who struggle to garden and do their best despite these adversities,  and I've seen at close hand that a simplistic view that mind over matter will always win through, is, to me, just that - simplistic.

davyw1:
HYACINTH, There is no need for any apologies because i believe you should say what you think.
I was referring to people who get allotments then make excuses for not doing them the point was if he can dig with one arm why cant these people do it with two arms.
I know there is a vast difference between people who have problems like arthritis and such like painfull disabilities, i nursed my mother for two year who was crippled with it.
Nothing pees me of more then people complaining about nothing such as " What a miserable day " My usual reply is " there is a lot of people that will do a swap with you, they would only be to pleased to feel the rain if they could get out of the house.

I take my hat off to anyone with any disability who will give anything a try
Its better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all

pookienoodle:
I agree,
I have just got my new lottie which needs a lot of work as the site has been closed for many years.
I am hoping when it is up and running and the spring arrives that my husband may help me to tend it.
He suffers from spinal problems which mean bending lifting and twisting are out.
he says he will be more than happy to help pick the fruits of my labour that don't involve bending. ;)
we have a 3 1/2 year old who will be able to assist his dad with anything lower.
 I may be picking your brains soon for helpful tips.
 on a side note
I went to the plot today,there were 7 different plots being worked,5 went home when the rain started ::)

carrot-cruncher:
One of my workmates had to have his fingers, nose & toes amputated after an accident but he's one of the most enable people I know.   Even though he's legal entitled to a blue badge he doesn't use it because in his mind he's not disabled.   He's as active now as before his accident.   Granted he's had to make some minor changes to his life but apart from that he's not let anything hold him back.

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version