General > Assisted Gardening

just cos your Disabled you can still do some gardening ( :

<< < (3/6) > >>

GRACELAND:
hay Rose that sounds some garden well done to you  :)

lorna:
Not always possible. My late husband always started around 300 cuttings for me, he would work in the greenhouse. He was riddled (like Mary) with Arthritis so couldn't do much else in the garden,  unfortunately he spent the last years of his life confined to a wheelchair. Due to the layout of our bungalow and outbuildings it was impossible to get his wheelchair to the greenhouse.  Even so in the last few months before his death he sat at my kitchen table (me running backwards and forwards with cuttings and trays of compost) so that I could have some cuttings.
Mary your garden is a credit to you and Ron.

GRACELAND:

Mary your garden is a credit to you and Ron.
[/quote]

Well said   :)

rentawreck:
Yeah I moved over to pots and troughs some time ago in order to continue my allotment zeal.   It is different for everyone as I find, being wheelchair bound, even gardening in pots can be challenging.

I tend to stick to easy culture plants which are continuous cropping where possible like tomatoes, peppers, climbing beans, courgettes,  cucumbers, aubergines and fruit like strawberries, raspberries, chinese lanterns and gooseberries etc..

I always add talking point plants like Lady's Slipper, Fat Hedgehog, Japanese Sword Bean and Chinese Yam are a few of this year's plan.   The internet too has revolutionised winter and my ability to locate unusual varieties as I enjoy growing heritage types.

My actual garden area is covered over (flagged and stoned) as I am totally unable to control it.   I then sit the pots at strategic points on that.    I had an outside tap fitted too (plus a water butt) with a 100m coiling hose equipped with a lance gun with variable spray nozzle.

Liquid feed though has replaced good strong manure but I still get lots of lovely fresh veg with plenty to share.

davyw1:

--- Quote from: GRACELAND on September 15, 2009, 17:26:00 ---davyw1

Is GraceL,s surname Orwell.  ??? ??? ???

--- End quote ---

Is big brother watching you, CCTVs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version