Author Topic: RHS Level 2 Certificate in Horticulture 2009/2010  (Read 24267 times)

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
Re: RHS Level 2 Certificate in Horticulture 2009/2010
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 17:54:41 »
hi schoolies
I did the Cert2  3 years ago and can tell you that latin nomenclature is not really needed (although worth getting to grips with for your own pleasure) - common names still acceptable. Also, there is no plant ID or practical element. I did the advanced amd started the diploma (long story involving Shuttleworth's general ineptness but this is common in FE) and will say that the gen.cert. was by far the most enjoyable. Tha advanced course was a tedious classroom based year of plant science with pitiful lecturers (again a long and sad story) and very little practical work and the diploma was pulled halway through because of lack of suitable qualified tutors....but it was overwhelmingly based on management.
So go ahead, try NOT to worry and enjoy your course. I met some lovely friends at West Anglia and there were very few failures on our course. Surprisingly, the main fails were the college gardeners, some of whom had been working in Cambridge colleges for many years but had never actually planted a seed. There is something very dire and sad going on in horticultural education at the moment so seize the opportunities. Good Luck

soupdragon1973

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 18:30:31 »
I have just started on the RHS level 2 certificate by distance learning via the HCC college.Anyone elese doing it via this method/college?If so how are you finding the coursework?I am doing an OU course in computing and to be honest I find that course easier to understand than this one

loulu

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 09:27:20 »
Hi soupdragon,

HCC college? I am doing it via distance learning, my final exam is next week. Not easy to do it this way I don't personally feel, but I've survived it. I passed the exam in February, and I hope I'll pass this next one.

Take your time with it, and don't panic. It's not as bad as it first appears to be. Just read what you can when you can, and if you put the hours in, you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Loulu

soupdragon1973

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 19:32:18 »
thanks Loulu,

The HCC is the Horticultural Correspondence College.I will take your advice and persevere!

keene2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 14:00:31 »
i'm starting distance learning if they ever get back to me @ learning curve!! keene2

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal