Author Topic: After 3 years finally propagated a rare bloom  (Read 21562 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: After 3 years finally propagated a rare bloom
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2010, 14:05:12 »
29 wks tomorrow :)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2010, 20:12:50 »
Soooo exciting!   ;D ;D ;D
For the last few weeks of my pregnancies I was sleeping with one pillow under the bump, one big heavy feather one at my back, one under my knees-still got about 3 hours a night! I think it's your body preparing you for those sleepless nights ahead!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2010, 21:16:07 »
thanks will have to give that a go.

Walking is the issue at the moment so hoping to get a physio appointment soon which will help :)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2010, 22:07:04 »
Try not to worry too much, I've just had a lovely day at work with two fantastic births, both very different but just one of those days that restores your faith a bit because you are still frankly amazed at how wonderfully women's bodies work......just sometimes, we midwives have the best job in the world! ;D

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2010, 22:11:07 »
we midwives have the best job in the world! ;D

You are some of the best people in the world.  :-*

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2010, 22:55:20 »
I agree, although mine is a little bit hard she took over from my last one who left the area and having worked everything out with the 1st one the 2nd one basically has said i cant do any of what we had been planning to do and i cant really talk to her.

Oh well i am sure she knows what she is doing :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2010, 23:40:49 »
Cam... you're the boss, why can't it be done...  ???

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2010, 11:19:18 »
I agree, although mine is a little bit hard she took over from my last one who left the area and having worked everything out with the 1st one the 2nd one basically has said i cant do any of what we had been planning to do and i cant really talk to her.

Oh well i am sure she knows what she is doing :)

PM me if you would like to.... ;)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2010, 11:22:13 »
It's important you have the birth you want as far as is possible. If you planned it out with your midwife and nothing has changed as far as yours/babies health is concerned I don't see why you can't continue with your plan.
I would definately pm Deb!  :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2010, 21:33:53 »
I think its because of my back they are worried that if the baby get stuck and i am on the water they will not be able to help but the physio said that the water was the best thing. I have my anti-natal classes soon so i think i will know more then. Thanks for caring guys it means quite a lot :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2010, 06:30:20 »
Cam I agree with Emmy, you work it out with the new one, it is your birth sweetie not hers and it should be the way you want it if at atll possible.

It sure takes me back, I had my first in the heat wave of 1959, but I got through that heat, it won't belonf before you are telling us birth stories, I envy you even at my age!!

XX Jeannine

Oh and thank you our move finally is over and we are sort of settled back in over here.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2010, 08:41:09 »
think its because of my back they are worried that if the baby get stuck and i am on the water they will not be able to help but the physio said that the water was the best thing.

Perhaps the physio can sort of the problem with the midwife.  Can you ask for a different midwife? Why did you have  to change to no 2 ask for no 1 back. 

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2010, 08:47:41 »
I think its because of my back they are worried that if the baby get stuck and i am on the water they will not be able to help but the physio said that the water was the best thing. I have my anti-natal classes soon so i think i will know more then. Thanks for caring guys it means quite a lot :)

If its your first they wont want you in the water. First babies are always the most difficult.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2010, 09:45:43 »
Not sure why someone who has no problems with the pregnancy should not be in the water???

When I had mine you just lay on the bed for hours and would have loved the choices they give you today.

Surely a woman in labour should be upright,standing for as long as possible??

The thought of lovely warm water to support you when you don't want to be standing or crouching sounds good to me.

You make sure you talk it out with the midwife cam and if she says No ask  WHY ?

Good luck,sure all will be fine   ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2010, 01:15:03 »
Hi Gang,

Just a quick update as i am now on maternity leave so i can plan for baby and get organised for sorting out the back garden which i will start a new thread on this week :)

Baby is fine in fact far 2 good and now at 33wks and on tuesday (32wks and however many days) the baby was measured at 39wks by the midwife. This was tape measure over the belly rather than a scan with i will be having on the 9th Feb.

Given the weight of the baby at 28wks (3lb 6oz) and the increased growth since then there is a good chance when i have the scan and this is confirmed that when i see the consultant on the 10th i will be offered an induction earlier. Using the vary dangerous tool good google search hehe :) i have found that 37 wks seams to be when most hospitals class the baby as full term so if they offer induction it will be last weekend in Feb by my guess work. That is of course if they offer and if the baby does not have there own ideas :)

Just back from visit to West Brom to see MIL and even though she only saw me 3 wks ago things i have grown quite a bit although i had not though so.

So this week i have had the bassanet delivered, washed and prepared all the clothes i have bought as well as getting the baby bag and hospital bag ready. And have now taking to carrying my notes with me just in case. Will not be driving much more after the next week or so as i have very little gap now behind the steering wheel even with it adjusted :)

Birthing classes are booked the weekend before the 9th Feb scan so that should prepare me.

I will also ask the consultant on the 10th about my birthing options as its consultant led care its there opinion on water birth that matters and with an induction apparantly it can help in early labour :)

Betula MW said it was because of my weight :(

Cam & Bump

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2010, 12:35:56 »
I am pleased everything is going well Cam.  Thanks for the update. 

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2010, 13:42:21 »
Oh lovely maternity leave.  ;D Have fun washing all your tiny clothes and all the other nesting business. Such lovely (hard, heavy, puffed out, heartburny, waddly, uncomfortable) happy days!!  :D

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2010, 14:11:56 »
Oh lovely maternity leave.  ;D Have fun washing all your tiny clothes and all the other nesting business. Such lovely (hard, heavy, puffed out, heartburny, waddly, uncomfortable) happy days!!  :D

You forgot the swollen feet n ankles.  :P

Yup babies can come early  ;) but they can also be late, my eldest was a week late (12 hour labour) and my youngest 3 days late (with a start, stop, start labour).

In the end with my eldest they gave me an epidural at the wrong time and I just couldnt feel anything to push, he was suction cupped out (Vontouse) I had an episiotomy (cut to widen for babies head, instead of a possible tear) I had all available pain killers and wouldve had an emergency C setion if things hadnt have gone smoothly.

My youngest son decided to have a break in between contractions and upon returning to hospital for the second time had him in 3 hours with only gas and air (d**n slow nurses with the pain killers) episiotomy again.

Both of my sons had the cord around their necks and my eldest was holding it in his hand when born, both had to stay in the hospital for 24 hours after birth due to having pooed (can't remember the term) in the womb, they needed to check the lungs are ok and that none of it had got in.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 14:17:33 by Mortality »
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2010, 01:05:22 »
well i ended up in the delivery suite sunday night - dont panic :)

Everything was ok in the end :)

But will know about the 10th Feb if there going to induce the birth early due to the babys lenth there worried i might be struggeling to cope with suger and might short of Iron so whilst not on bed rest (yet) i have been told to rest more.

Bump agrees as it is happily bouncing up and down in my tummy trying to move around.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2010, 07:51:55 »
Hi Cam, glad everything is going ok.  My third was a big baby, they kept on telling me, but actually he was just very long and thin, and not as heavy as they were threatening!  I wouldn't worry too much on the evidence of the tape measure but wait for the scan which will be much more accurate. Just try to relax and enjoy this time, it is the best time of your life, the excitement of the baby to come, and getting all the lovely little things ready, and being able to rest and pamper yourself when you want, it doesn't come the same with a subsequent birth!  So just make the most of the next few weeks - can you tell I wish I could go through it all again! :) :)

Take care x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal