Author Topic: same old same old  (Read 1664 times)

sally james

• Not So New ...
same old same old
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:17:24 »
Same old same old like groundhog day.  New committee but same old treasurer with wife as new secretary, now running the whole committee with a vice chairman who thinks he his running a business, with ACAS included in the new rules and regs and constitution.
Treasurer kept all receipts when he resigned in 07, so books were not audited or sent to accountants, but wants to audit himself? 2008 books were not sent to auditors because when I resigned from secreter due to ill health January 08, after trying to be Secretary, treasurer and stores person for almost a year, although not trained in anything of the above, but try ed my best. The committee member who is a maths teacher? and runs his family business back home? Could not cope, but still wants to audit the accounts, so they have been left, but the treasurer and secretary has accused me of theft or fraud, and are going to see at the next committee meeting to try and kick me of the site.
Although at the gem in June everyone signed a new tenancy agreement and the plot has been worked  and paid for. Any ideas on the way forward, oh and by the way the council sits in with an observer in all this.
Any views on the way forward.

Sally

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: same old same old
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:20:53 »
Tough one... I'm trying to get the accounts into some sort of order...  :-\

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:55:33 »
sally,i dont really know what to say,it reads a little muddly....on what grounds are they accusing you of theft or fraud?
sounds like you are ahving a horid time,and im sorry to hear it,do you have a chum at the plot to support  you while all this is going on?
sorry not more helpful but couldnt read and run
rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 15:54:28 »
Sorry Sally I'm a bit confused new committee but same treasurer,is that the same  treasurer that resigned in 07 and has now taken the job back on and wants to audit the books from when he left,and who has been running the site since you resigned in Jan 08
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

sally james

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 16:48:58 »
sorry same treasurer just a differant year. another committee member took over for 3 months and complained that he was not getting paid. There are 3 discrepancies in the stores account, I used an internet account to keep the stores money in instea rd of my house OR the stores, and showing a statement to the committee every meeting with them all being happy. Everything I paid to stock the stores with came out of this account with bills to back them up.   It's all in the store's account just waiting to be found.  But they are now with an auditor to sort out, out of my own pocket. I think a lawyer will need to step in then. Hope this clears things a bit.Thanks for answering it guys, it's great people care enough to listen and answer.
Sally

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 18:10:12 »
Well if you have accounts to back you up its the past and present treasurer that needs investigating and I would make it plain to their face,and why did he kept all receipts when he left(to keep his activity's to his self) and what did you mean by out of my own pocket.?????
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 18:53:56 »
People who accuse others of thieving for no good reason are often thieves themselves. If you've paid for the auditor you should use your solicitor to try to get the money back, once you've involved them.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal