Author Topic: Mate for a Cockerel?  (Read 1777 times)

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
Mate for a Cockerel?
« on: August 25, 2009, 23:06:33 »
Now this is true but this cockerel was found walking up the main road in my village! Anyway a neighbour has it in their grandchildren's Wendy House which is now it's new home. Don't know what breed it is but looks like a bantam show bird with greenish bluish feathers. Now although I love all animals etc the crowing is beginning to grate a little. Does this cockerel need a mate?

poppie1

• Half Acre
Re: Mate for a Cockerel?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 15:57:42 »
as with most boys,i would imagine that your cockerel would need a little company.however it wont stop him crowing.
i have six cockerels at the moment and what a row they make at 5-5.30,and intermittent all day long.wouldn't have them any other way.three are just learning to crow and sound like some one squashing a squeeky dog toy.

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:59:49 »
Unless the cockerel is a good example of a particular breed you might find it difficult to find a home - the fate of the vast majority of boys is the cooking pot :o

Mostly its because of the noise they make and sometimes they can get quite aggressive too.

Good luck in finding him a home.
Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:04:20 »
Well the cockerel seems to be quite settled where he is and even comes to greet my neighbour when she comes home from work. I suppose we just have to get used to the crowing!  ::)  It could be worse. we could have noisy neighbours!  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal