Author Topic: A level results  (Read 8814 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: A level results
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 17:15:16 »
Fortunately mine is too far away to come home....his choice not mine though. This bank of Mum and Dad had to pay out lots of money because there was no sign of the loan arriving...I should say step-Dad...the bank of Dad is the most stingy place on the planet.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 22:16:03 »
Glad mine closer as he has had an accident on his motor bike. :(
Ended up in hospital over night and had a neck brace put on him.
Lots of scrapes and bruising but ok. :)
Now at home for a week, me not happy as I am £300 out of pocket.
Recovery, new helmet, and a new jacket too. >:(
Not to sure about the bike yet, as I need to look at it before he gets back on it.
Three lectures missed and one practical to do. ::)
Still at least he is alive and that we can be thankful for. ;D
I am just waiting for the day my numbers come up on the lottery so as then he will be able to say 'Can I have some of that please'. :-X

Got them back now to put some tread on them

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 22:17:36 »
Sorry to hear that...

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:41 »
And I've been worrying about mine as he's accident prone...dispraxia.

I'm so glad for you that he's not too badly hurt.....sorry about your pocket though!

ARV

• Not So New ...
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 03:31:00 »
Kea, I'm sure your son has got his bearings sorted by now, but if its any reassurance, in my 3 years of University in Plymouth i never had any trouble (and that did involve quiet a few nights out on Union street and living in Devonport in my first year). We very soon got to know which pubs were student friendly and which not so much.
I have to say, i had a fantastic time there, and i'm sure LBK will have too.  You'll have to ask him if he's been for a 1/2 yard sausage at Captain Jaspers (on the barbican) or the all day breakfast at Cuba (a bar/cafe near the Uni).

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 13:06:10 »
Welcome to the site ARV

I'm sure he's OK in Plymouth....so far on my brief visits I've really liked the place. It reminds me of Christchurch, NZ...though I can't work out why. It might be all the cabbage trees and phormiums in the street planting!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 15:49:53 »
So landimad has mine beaten yours into Overdraft yet!!!

Says he's been buying a lot of food!! ??? ::)

landimad

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 17:47:27 »
Kea,

He is now back at Uni after his accident and yes the loan is now into the four figure.
He has had to get his bike repaired and get food and funding for the lodgings.
He has also had to get a financial loan from the Uni for other things, this is due to Student finance not paying the students their monies when asked for.
Centralising it has been the worst thing that they did for the students.
Hope yours is doing better than mine at present?
I trust with the area he is in that freshers was a great week down there?
They will be looking to the children in need next so that will cost us again.
But that will be a good cause to support.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 18:14:20 »
Well mine has discovered Sainsbury's basic range and has just phoned me to say he's bought 2 weeks food for £6. The Bank would only give him a £500 overdraft for this term and he's eaten that as well...though i suspect some of the original loan was used more for beverage than food!
He only got a loan not a grant so it came through a couple of weeks after the start of term. Unfortunately his Father has given him a pittance and told me to pay the rest out of my other son's child support payments or he won't pay the oldest anything.
I am hoping he will get a summer job this year, in fact I've told him to go and stay with his Dad in the summer as there is more liklihood of a job...or his Dad might pay him to stay away as he doesn't seem to want to help his own kids. A Professor at a prestigious University in a well known Scottish Capital who prefers to spend only on himself! Narcissistic personality.

Yes student finance is a waste of space, we have to deal with them for Disability assistance as well.

landimad

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 13:00:39 »
My lad is the same but with ASDA, he has been made chief cook and bottle washer for the house he resides in.
Hope to see him at the weekend so he can pick up his bike after all the repairs and MOT which will be added to the bill.
He is seeing the Dean next week to ask if they can start an allotment near to the Uni., so they can get food and study it for part of their course work.
He has done a good thing by requesting this, I hope he gets stuck in as they only do lectures three days a week and the rest is down to them what they do.
He will be off to Donna Nook in December to see the seal population. I think that this is a great way of studying nature in our own country.
In time he will learn to enjoy the wildlife and get a qualification to boot.
Hope that yours will be getting the same from his studies too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal