Author Topic: P......w seeds from Tricia  (Read 2749 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
P......w seeds from Tricia
« on: August 05, 2009, 23:01:04 »
I'd be interested to hear how you are all doing with the seeds I sent out to various members last year.

I didn't sow any seeds this year as I still have two overwintered plants which are thriving indoors. I pruned them back hard after they had finished fruiting but both plants are now over 5ft tall again. I think I'll pinch out the tops earlier next year as they look a bit on the straggly side. It hasn't stopped them from producing lots of lovely fruit though!

Tricia

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: P......w seeds from Tricia
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 23:11:18 »
Mine are fine so far although all of my chillis and peppers seem to be a bit behind this year.  Have 2 rows of plants from your seeds.  One row is about a foot taller than the other one but the plants are all quite full and bushy.  They seem to be more slug-prone than any of the other peppers/chillis I grow.  Thanks for the seeds, hope to be able to pass some on!

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:58:37 »
I germinated 4 (out of 4) in root trainers. They got a bit leggy and started to flower through not being potted on soon enough, so I trimmed then back and now they are starting to bush out. This time the gauze is ready and waiting for when they start to flower again. :)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 09:51:17 »
All my seeds germinated. My plants are really tall and bushy, but a bit behind the other varieties ripening. Looking forward to tasting them. I'll take some pics later. Thanks Tricia XX

Biscombe

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 10:19:55 »
Still no ripe ones, they are taking ages to change colour. Masses of pods though.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 13:10:14 »
Yes, I find they take ages to turn red too. If I remember correctly, it was October when they were turning red in profusion - indoors. It's difficult to assess for you in Spain - and outdoors. Patience Rosie - they are worth the wait  ;).

At the moment I pick each one as it ripens, remove the seeds to save then fill with cream cheese and enjoy!

Tricia

Biscombe

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 15:13:52 »
Mmmmmmmmmmm  ;D How hot?

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 22:01:31 »
Not so hot that I can't eat them raw - which isn't saying much really..........you'll just have to be patient till you can try them for yourself Rosie  ;D ;D ;D.

But to me they just have a nice, somewhat sweet 'bite' - certainly not hot enough to make your eyes water or reach for a glass of iced water!

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal