Author Topic: Could you help me with a planting scheme for my lottie flowerbed for next year  (Read 1817 times)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
You can view this years flowerbed at 0:54 on the following video clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDbffW0CKk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Flottieplotfour.blogspot.com%2F&feature=player_embedded (this was in June so it has filled out a bit now).

The perennials I definately want to keep are perennial cornflower (not sure whether I would ever get it out anyway LOL!). There is also 2 delphiniums (dark blue/purple) colour. The other perennials I may take out and put into the garden.

I quite fancy the colour scheme of blue-purple-pink-silver and like the idea of a traditional bedding park-type display very tightly packed.

My knowledge of flowers is somewhat limited!

Any suggestions would be welcome. Ideally ones I can grow from seed in an unheated greenhouse.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Your video was wonderful! Quite a great and productive garden, you must be so pleased.

I like pink, purple and blue also. Could you add the lambs ears with their silvery foliage and purple-pink flowers?  Also the mini-glads that some in that shade. I grew those with some plum colored zinnias this year and liked the combo though the glads only bloomed a few weeks.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Susiebelle

• Hectare
Just had a browse Sparkly and very nice too! you certainly have every thing under control how jealous am I? very.
How about trying some of the self seeders like Nigella and the Shirley poppy not forgetting the poached egg plant , all of which bring in those nice insects to pollinate our lovely veg.

Kea

• Hectare
You could add in lots of herbs many of which have the right flower colours and bring in the bee's etc. I have rosemary, thyme, sage, lavender, borage and chives.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
How organized is that allotment. Things jump out at us on ours.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Mine's a jungle, nothing's flourishing but the weeds. Maybe raised beds will help me keep it organised once I put them in!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal