Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU EAT FROM YOUR ALLOTMENT TODAY?  (Read 263165 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: WHAT DID YOU EAT FROM YOUR ALLOTMENT TODAY?
« Reply #720 on: October 21, 2010, 16:21:39 »
Spag bol Tuesday, Eggs and chips yesterday and Steak chips,shallots and mushrooms today, just thought I'd keep Borlotti updated.     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #721 on: October 21, 2010, 17:49:10 »
stew been in the slow cooker all day.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #722 on: October 21, 2010, 18:57:38 »
red cabbage, cauliflower cheese, desiree wedges and garlic chicken with our garlic and herbs  :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #723 on: October 21, 2010, 19:47:52 »
Absolutely nothing..been bunged up with cold..and cannot manage to eat anything more nutritious than lemsip and toast ::)..I keep admiring my apples on coffee table though ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #724 on: October 21, 2010, 20:01:14 »
Hard frost last night so its time for the sprouts and parsnips together with carrots, cauliflower with pepper sauce, potatoes, calebrese, psb, and three lovely huge raspberries thankyou Joan. 

schmelda

• Half Acre
« Reply #725 on: October 21, 2010, 20:22:31 »
(Giant) courgette stuffed with spicy Moroccan lamb (courgette, tomato, mint, parsley all home grown!)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #726 on: October 21, 2010, 20:36:11 »
Slow roast beef stew with butternut squash (thank u allotment friend).  Runner beans from the freezer and now OH is eating raspberries that I picked yesterday with ice-cream.  Also gave OH some beetroot in his sandwiches which I grew (the beetroot), and the last lovely tomato (also a gift from allotment friend). So sad, nothing is growing now apart from everlasting spinach, which we have eaten nearly every day for ages.  Kev, u certainly eat well, how are your pumpkins doing this year???  Nearly Halloween.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #727 on: October 21, 2010, 23:11:33 »
Pork rissoles with sauteed Caras, kale cooked with onion and a pinch each of oregano and thyme.  :P

Ninny

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #728 on: October 22, 2010, 10:18:56 »
My lotty stuff is now coming out of the freezer, but plenty of winter caulie and cabbage in along with garlic and onions, still enjoying the locally raised half of lamb from my lotty neighbour, it goes well with local produce grown with local manure, :)

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #729 on: October 23, 2010, 16:42:57 »
gorgeous apple juice from pounds of our apples using our little apple press - I feel a hot rum and apple juice coming on with the chiminea lit and a beautiful autumn evening - bliss  8)  ;D

lavenderlux

• Acre
« Reply #730 on: October 23, 2010, 18:03:27 »
We're going to be eating some strawberries, carrots, courgettes, apples (Spartan).  Also pulled some beetroot which I will pickle, should be just right by Christmas.  Hadn't been to the lottie for over three weeks (foot operation so couldn't get out) but was delighted to find the strawberries.  Sad to find that with the frosts last week all the Dahlias were blackened and my late sown climbing purple podded beans which I'd been hoping to get a late crop from all been frosted.
Have sprouts, black Tuscany kale and cabbages all looking good for later

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #731 on: October 23, 2010, 20:22:15 »
Haven't eaten them but taken down the last French beans and shelled out @10lbs for casseroles and frozen them. OH also processed a load of apples into pies and sauce...
Taking another 20lbs or so to the Apple Day at Markeaton Park tomorrow.. will get some juiced...  :)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #732 on: October 23, 2010, 22:14:46 »
Likewise, haven't eaten it yet, I was given a lovely spaghetti squash from a dear lottie neighbour. I tried to grow some this year from my saved seed but they ended up like giant courgettes, so looking forward to this one.

Ninny

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #733 on: October 24, 2010, 16:22:13 »
Roast dinner with Roosters and parsnips done in the oven with honey drizzled over them,steamed sprouts and leeks- delicious!  The carrots came from ASDA!

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #734 on: October 24, 2010, 16:51:24 »
Just polished off the last of my blackberries & some raspberries in a crumble....yummy!
Not alot left at my lotty now except some spuds I Plan to dig up this week, cabbages that are still going strong, chard (chard seems to just keep on growing whatever the weather down here...last year it kept on right through the heavy snows)& artichokes. I didnt plant alot of winter crops this year as wanted to give the plot abit of a rest. Plan to cover it in compost & then cover with black fabric & let the worms do the work for me over the winter ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2010, 19:05:31 »
What's happened to Kev, I don't know what to cook tonight.  > :( :( I have been copying his dinner for the next night.  No allotment today, half term, so grandchildren alert.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #736 on: October 29, 2010, 17:36:22 »
Sorry Borlotti you must be starving, the family have been in Hartlepool for a week so I've been eating bits and bobs.
Last night we had Lamb casserole with my spuds, onions and bought carrots.
Tonight we have minted lamb chops with Kestrel chips ans non grown tinned spaghetti hoops.   ;D ;D ;D

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #737 on: October 29, 2010, 18:22:10 »
the chicory is coming in now, and it looks beautiful as the recent cold weather has turned it dark red, green and bright white - so salad tonight it is

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #738 on: October 30, 2010, 21:00:07 »
Roast tomato soup with chilli onion and garlic.The last of the tomatoes from the greenhouse :'( Very pleased with my first year. ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #739 on: October 31, 2010, 18:39:28 »
Springies, beetroot, rossa cabbage/lettuce, small jackets, peppers and Tiger tommies in a buffet for 25+ for my oldest girl's 13 birthday, lets seee if Borlotti can eat that lot, sorry if I upset anyone in this post, well you never know.  :-X     ;D ;D ;D   :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal