Author Topic: Joe Swift gaffe  (Read 1481 times)

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
Joe Swift gaffe
« on: July 31, 2009, 21:55:45 »
On tonight's Gardeners World, describing how one his allotment neighbours is designing and making a garden on his plot: "You don't have to grow edibles on your plot. Once you've got a plot you can do what you want with it" Erm, no, actually Joe an allotment is defined as somewhere for a tenant to grow vegetables and fruit for themselves and their family (not as somewhere to try out garden design). Don't these people have researchers?  ::)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Joe Swift gaffe
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 22:36:22 »
On a statutory site you're kind of right, it's for mostly fruit and veg, but if the Allotment Acts don't apply there's no statutory restriction, only what the landlord imposes via the tenancy agreement.  When he said you don't have to grow edibles, did he mean you don't have to grow only edibles?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 22:37:56 by Unwashed »
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 22:51:05 »
This plot has a very small pond, with flowers around it and potatoes and other vegs growing behind it, the pond is to attract wild life and is allowed on our allotments. I don't think this was made very clear on TV tonight and also didn't really show the allotments as they are.  The youngster was excited about being on TV and is a very keen gardener and nice so hope he does well in his future career.  It is only a TV programme and they show what they what, they didn't film me  :(or some of the better kept allotments but it is only a tiny slot on the programme.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 23:42:09 »
' It is only a TV programme and they show what they what, they didn't film me  :(or some of the better kept allotments but it is only a tiny slot on the programme.'

Christ! I thought I was 'pissed?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:27:02 »
Do you know if Joe Swift is related to Jamie Oliver?,  ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 13:15:04 »
Don't think so, why??  He father is Clive Swift from Keeping up Appearances, hyacinths husband, Richard Bucket.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 16:56:19 »
The reason I ask is because both JS and JO both speak with this Chav Essex LIspppppppppppp, ;D

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 17:09:42 »
The reason I ask is because both JS and JO both speak with this Chav Essex LIspppppppppppp, ;D

i thought that was an actual speech difficulty not a dialect? 
Jackie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal