Author Topic: Reinforcing poly greenhouse?  (Read 2065 times)

shonam

• Quarter Acre
Reinforcing poly greenhouse?
« on: August 11, 2009, 22:19:13 »
I'm hoping to buy a polycarbonate greenhouse over the next few weeks (have been looking at the Norfolk 6x8). Would love glass but too many neds hanging about on the playing fields at the back would also love glass for target practice so polycarbonate it is.

My question is - I've read somewhere on here about reinforcing it to help the panels stay put when its windy - extra clips or something? Do you know where I would be able to get these that would fit this model?  Have also read about a tape or something? Sorry - I know I'm being a bit vague but everyone's been so helpful with my questions so far so I'm hoping someone will be able to decipher this and work out what I'm looking for. :)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Reinforcing poly greenhouse?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 22:32:50 »
Can't help with your questions, but wondered if you had seen this:

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,54160.0.html

Don't know where you both are, but a deal might be possible?

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 22:40:35 »
The sides should be okay.  A couple of my roof panels blew out a few times in bad weather  In the end I used silicone to hold those panels in.  The good thing about polycarbonate is that I could easily remove one small panel at the back to improve the ventilation in summer and my toms are okay this year.

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 17:15:25 »
my polli carbonate slides in to a grooves in the panals .

a fellow plot holder has scaffolding netting right over his greenhouse but he only grows cucs in there so doesnt need all the light

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal