Author Topic: Too old?  (Read 5425 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Too old?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 16:02:29 »
H'hem.       :o       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 12:37:37 »
I saw a recent photo of Sophia Loren in the paper the other day and she is certainly not too old, I would, ;D

daxzen

• Half Acre
  • this is isaac he is my allotment troll
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 13:37:30 »
age or infirmity it does not matter - so long as the tenant conforms to the rules and regulations of the allotment society but there has to be a measure of common sense applied as in all things

depriving a person of a space that they have tended with loving care is a tragic abuse of power and should be resisted at all costs

This might prove useful 

http://www.archive.org/details/lawofallotmentsa00mitcrich

maybe we need a thread on here that provides documents that are practical and that work and not the jobsworth stuff that seems to be flying about.

maybe we should also have a petitions and good causes or injustices thread that we can put our points of view into - using the weight of commons sense and natural justice into them - so that elected officers and their minions can be held to account when they get it wrong

and of course provide bouquets when they are due

dax

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 16:07:44 »
daxzen, that's a bit out of date now.  The Law of Allotments 5th Edition by Paul Clayden is a good start.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 16:21:54 »
I like the 'buddy' scheme idea, I would be more than happy to help an elderly neighbour out with heavier work in return for gardening advice.

Are you free this weekend. Your first bit of gardening advice will be 'how to dig faster' ;)

Arthur Fallowfield

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 19:35:04 »
Our oldest plotter is Walter, he's 89 and as sharp as a razor. He tends his tidy plot everyday and has three bee hives!
He's an old soldier, Para I think, and a retired gamekeeper. He travels to visit his son and family regularly in Japan!
He's a mine of information with a better memory than I've got. 8)
The answer lies in the soil!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 19:43:44 »
Nick just took me for a walk round our plots and told me about all the people that had died, I think the man actually did die on my plot, looking for dead bodies now.  Most people know when it is time to give up, but if they are fit and active OK but Margaret who had the hip operation used to fall in the bushes and call me to get her up and she couldn't see very well, so used to cut his legs and head sometimes.  She didn't have a mobile phone as couldn't see to use it and was often up there late at night alone.  She didn't seem too worried and said she would stay they until someone found her.  I think before she gave it up (of her own free will) she liked me being there and used to call out to me, and I had to tell her if I was going home.  I do miss her and our good chats.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal