Author Topic: Cucumbers and onions in a sour cream/vinegar/sugar dressing  (Read 2610 times)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Do you Brits eat this? It is one of our favorites. I salt the sliced cucs so the water can be wrung out of them first which is the pecky part of the process.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Cucumbers and onions in a sour cream/vinegar/sugar dressing
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:04:15 »
Hi
I'm not sure if others do but I use a recipie from a Dutch friend and I salt the cucs, and de-seed. then I make a light white wine vinegar, oil and sugar dressing. It's one of my favourite (and easiest) salads. Or if I don't want to salt them I grate the cucs and then drain the excess water from them.
I also do a similar one but with rice wine vinegar and chillies and garlic and use that on fried noodles. Very yum
I don't tend to use sour cream much (lactose problem there) but do occaisionally use yoghurt to make an Indian or Greek style dish. So will have to remember your tip  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 08:53:17 »
ray pickles cucumbers with onion, he's just done a huge jar(we have a glut of both at the moment) ..he likes it with beef butties  ;D

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 00:33:50 »
Yes I do those and sometimes for a change I add sliced tomatoes, but they have to be eaten almost straight away.

They are delish. :)

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:34:58 »
We do Cucumber and Onion in malt Vinegar, goes lovely with roasst Beef on a Sunday dinner.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal