Author Topic: The Phantom Lawn Cr*pper of Old Hertford Town  (Read 2788 times)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
The Phantom Lawn Cr*pper of Old Hertford Town
« on: March 30, 2010, 23:04:33 »
To qualify for this section I'm labelling my cat as a Pest. We moved to a house c.1year ago and he has never once used the soil beds for anything but urinating - not even the freshly turned, soft, fine soil of my newly created vegetable beds.  Everything else gets deposited on the lawn after which he gets taken aback by the shock of the smell and flees.  When were in the flat we surveyed the patio garden with pride for nary a crime scene was to be spied.

The grass has patchy yellow bits and Chod Squad duties are proving wearing.  Can anyone recommend any way to deal with this?  I'm not sure about using stuff like 'Scat' as both cats like to be outside with us and I'm not sure about how strong the chemicals are.

For reference, he's highly a highly strung, re-homed 14 year old whinge bag.  But he's our whinge bag... ;D ::)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
Re: The Phantom Lawn Cr*pper of Old Hertford Town
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:02:21 »
I've got no idea if it would work, or if you'd want to try it, but can you set up a special cat toilet area then when he's about to decorate the lawn gently move him to the preferred area? not sure how he'd feel about being in motion mid-motion, but it might work??

good luck!

lottiedolly

• Acre
Re: The Phantom Lawn Cr*pper of Old Hertford Town
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:14:28 »
when we first moved to our house, my husbang used one of those large water guns. Cat soon got fed up of getting a soaking and has now retreated to doing its business in the forest behind our house.  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal