Author Topic: TOMATILLO/SALSA TOMATOES  (Read 765 times)

midnightvelvet

• Not So New ...
TOMATILLO/SALSA TOMATOES
« on: July 11, 2009, 19:39:17 »
This year I've been trying my hand at frowing Tomatillo (Salsa tomatoes) in my greenhouse but am having a problem with them.  I grew four plants from seed which appeared to be doing quite well, then one of them developed a weird affectation on its leaves.  It was like something was eating the flesh of the leaves down to the veins but I was unable to see any bugs on it.  It looked almost like the leaves were 'bubbling' up.  Having tried removing the affected leaves, I decided to throw it out in case whatever it is affects the rest of them and all seemed to be well until the 2nd one started with the same thing.  Does anyone have any idea of what this might be please and how I can prevent/cure it from happening?
Many thanks in advance

amphibian

Re: TOMATILLO/SALSA TOMATOES
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 14:20:00 »
Pictures would be useful, I have never experienced any issues with tomatillos, but what you describe sounds a little like earwig damage.

Slugs also like to eat tomatillos.

midnightvelvet

• Not So New ...
Re: TOMATILLO/SALSA TOMATOES
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 16:49:23 »
Pictures would be useful, I have never experienced any issues with tomatillos, but what you describe sounds a little like earwig damage.

Slugs also like to eat tomatillos.

|Hello and thanks for your reply.  Am trying to upload a couple of pics for you to see.

Hope these show up  ::) ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal