Author Topic: unworked plots  (Read 14339 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: unworked plots
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 10:00:48 »
Hi radar ears, I have every sympathy for you.  I'm pretty sure djbrenton's comment was ironic and meant supportively - there are rearly hoards of allotmenteers stepping forward to volunteer.  You've inherited a right pickle and it's a miserable shame that your effort isn't recognised, but then we don't do it for the thanks.  The responsibility is yours and you can't just evict a tenant on a whim, even if they've not been on site for years.  Best of luck.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

radar ears

• Not So New ...
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 13:29:57 »

Thank you for your words of support, Unwashed, you are quite right.

We don't want to be recognised for what we've done, we don't want thanks, if we didn't want to do it, we'd have walked away from it.

All we want is a little leeway to enable us to get on top of things properly.

Fortunately the new (extra) Committee people have got stuck in to help us and last night in three and a bit hours, our "working party" had jet-washed the loos, strimmed around parts of the edges of the site, dismantled an old wooden compost bin, in it's place, erected a large wooden "corral" for the horse manure and installed two recyling bins (also known as old plastic dustbins!).

That's just for starters !
Long may it continue (lol) raises glass of elderberry wine

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 14:37:19 »
Well Radarears what a pickle ::)and all you guys want to do is make things better for everyone,I'm sure your critics just didn't realise the whole situation.
I'm minded of a boss I had ,we used to criticise her "swanning" around all day doing "nothing" until she had a fortnights holiday and we had to do her job ???
What's the saying?"Walk a mile in my shoes" :)
sanity is overated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal