Author Topic: winchester  (Read 1165 times)

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
winchester
« on: July 08, 2009, 17:17:02 »
Hello, this is a bit weird I know, but as this is posted on 'The Shed' - non-allotment related questions.... Does anyone live near Winchester? We are thinking of moving to that neck of the woods and are after some help finding a small village nearish (10 miles) to Wells that has a good pub & village store as a minimum? Any help greatfully received!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: winchester
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 17:44:17 »
Do you mean Winchester or Wells???  I live in Winchester, we have plenty of villages nearby with pubs and village stores  :) :) :) :)

The Tuscan Beaneater

reddyreddy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 17:47:57 »
Hello Asbean, I mean Winchester (you know how sometimes you type something because you are thinking about it?! For some reason Wells was in my mind!) definately Winchester! Any suggestions? Preferably some bucolic English village with amazing pub and nice village store - that's the kind of place I'm moving from, English village of the year type place so want the same again! With 2 children it's impossible to do too many touring drives so your help would be v helpful!! :-*

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 18:27:25 »
Have a look at some of these - the photos aren't too brilliant, you'll need a map as well to see the locations of the villages

http://www.southernlife.org.uk/hampshire_index.htm
The Tuscan Beaneater

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 20:41:08 »
Kings Someborne might fit the bill.

http://www.aboutbritain.com/towns/kings-somborne.asp

reddyreddy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 21:01:16 »
Thanks Paulines7, looks lovely.

Asbean, crikey, there are several hundred! Any chnace you can narrow it down via personal recommendation?"

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 21:48:26 »
Kings Somborne, as Paulines7 says, plus Stockbridge, Chilbolton, Wherwell, Micheldever, east/west Stratton, Medstead. That's just a few, there are so many of them To the south is getting close to Southampton, though there are some nice villages round there.
The Tuscan Beaneater

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal