Author Topic: Say Hello to Sadie.  (Read 2516 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Say Hello to Sadie.
« on: August 08, 2009, 21:58:20 »
As you know my son lost his German Shepherd Shelby 2 weeks ago. My daughter-in-law rang the rescue centre (where Shelby came from)  to ask if they would let them know if they get any GS's in in the future. They said they had a 15month old long haired GS  in the kennels now.(The family had given her up as she was too playful with the children!!!!) I knew my son would not be without a dog for long but didn't think it would come so soon. They went to see her and she now has a new home.  John said she will never replace Shelby but he has fell in love with her. John said she is very lively but after a good game in the garden she has settled, follows them everywhere. Hope they will have her for as long as they had Shelby. I meet her tomorrow.

Sholls

• Acre
Re: Say Hello to Sadie.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 22:43:45 »
Sadie looks lovely, she still has that 'fluffy puppy' appearance. I can see why your son fell for her. :)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 17:42:41 »
One lucky dog Lorna. I think when you have an animal for a long time its hard to be without one. We only have the rabbits but we would miss them if they were not there. Ower Tone would have nowt to do in the mornings if he didn't have them to clean out. ;D. I'm so glad that they had a rescue dog
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 17:51:17 »
Ahh thats lovely she looks beautiful and was obviously just waiting for them.   :)

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 18:01:21 »
Hello Sadie

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 18:25:26 »
This is a message from my son Sunday morning.

This is fun ! 6am sunday morning our new girl decides it's time to play, by 6:10 I'm in the garden & Sadie is going mad. She's found her feet & decided we are her play things LOL

Fortunately John is an early riser.
They didn't want to leave her and as they both work in their business have decided to take Sadie to work with them. Behind the shop there is a workroom so no go area for Sadie because of machinery but behind the workroom is a large kitchen which also has a staircase to a large empty upstairs area. Sadie can see them working from there but has been having a few whining times.. think she wants to play!! John is taking her for walks during the day. I am sure she will settle down. Shirl, every one of John's dogs have been rescue dogs.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 18:50:35 »
Aw she is so sweet, it must have been ment to happen that shelby passed on as Sadie was waiting for the love :)
I have lost a few dogs and cats and nothing ever replaces them by the place does not feel 'right' somehow without them.
We sent out yellow lab for to be mated yesterday and the house feels odd without her, the other 4 dogs have not been happy either ! She was not happy being left there so hubby has gone to pick her up and bring her home, cant have her upset !
I bredd labs 1 litter every 2 -3 years and i always keep a pup its lovely to have a 'family' but we also have 2 rescue dogs and they are very special !
Sounds like Sadie has a wonderful new home  :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 18:57:32 »
Dawn. I adore yellow labs (but due to late husband being in a wheelchair thought Lab might be too big and boisterous, now had a Cavalier K>C for 10 years). Funnily enough our last Labrador was called Sadie, still miss her :'(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal