Author Topic: Wyvales...or not Wyvales? Seed sale still on for summer?  (Read 2044 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Having read Saddad's post mentioning that out local Wyvales had shut, I just had to go and investigate, realising that the annual seedfest that is the Wyvales seed sale was in jeopardy.

The signs did not look good. A garden centre was open, but looked quite bare, with a lot of old Wyvales stock being sold off in a sale, and was now called 'Findern Garden Centre' which is the name of the nearest village. However, when I got to the till after finding a few small bargains, I saw they were using Wyvales bags. I asked the cashier how long they had taken over form Wyvales, to be told it was still a Wyvales store, but they are now all being locally 're branded'. So hopefully, this means the summer seed sale will be on? At the moment, all brands of seeds in the stores are 50% off, and they had a better selection than T&M online...... ;D

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Wyvales...or not Wyvales? Seed sale still on for summer?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:24:58 »
Hopefully they'll be nocked down further at the "end" of the season... in about three weeks... so they can get all the Christmas tat out...  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal