Author Topic: Living salad from Lidl  (Read 4774 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Living salad from Lidl
« on: July 07, 2009, 21:57:15 »
Several weeks ago I bought a punnet of living salad from Lidl, reduced from 99p to 49p. It contained a mixture of pak choi, chard, mizuna and another leaf I don't recall the name of. On the label it said it would last for up to 10 days of picking leaves but since I had a square metre of space in my veggie plot I decided to plant it all out - and I've been harvesting leaves ever since  ;D. It is all growing so prolifically that I can't use it all and am giving it to friends and neighbours. Unfortunately, some of it is now going to seed, but there is still an awful lot to harvest.

A week after I bought the first punnet Lidl had Mixed Crispy Salad Leaves (green and red) for 99p. so I bought a punnet and planted those out too. Again they have grown like mad and so far are not going to seed.

It's a very quick and easy way to get weeks and weeks of cut and come again salad.

Tricia

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Living salad from Lidl
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 22:00:42 »
What a great idea, might go to Lidl tomorrow and have a look.  They might have some cheaps SEEDS and whatever.

Hector

• Hectare
Re: Living salad from Lidl
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 22:00:56 »
Tricia, we did the same with the crispy salad leaf and its only now going to seed  :)
Jackie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal