Author Topic: Plot Blog!  (Read 4123 times)

Spookyville

• Acre
  • Freezing in West Yorshire...
    • downtheplot
Plot Blog!
« on: July 05, 2009, 21:40:53 »
Finally getting started properly on our allotment, though the past week or so has been occupied with the fruit in the garden!

Started up a blog to plot progress on the garden, allotment and keep family and friends informed via pictures etc. So if anyone fancies dropping by the URL is www.jcook.co.uk/jcblog
Fell free to browse or post comments. I expect much more coverage of our allotment next year which will be our first full "proper" growing season!

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
Re: Plot Blog!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 17:40:57 »
After a false start last year due to Lisa having a tendon operation and 6 months off work and myself having back injections and throat operation back on track for a proper growing season this year. Will be updating the blog regulary this year (honest!). Any comments and suggestions very welcome :)

www.jcook.co.uk/jcblog

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:54:21 »
I look forward to it  ;D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 18:52:47 »
Love this.

Another doctor who fan?

I though about doing this too but I'm just doing a photobucket blog instead.....

Back on the allotment tomorrow ;D. More weeds to bash and more ground to uncover.
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 19:46:45 »
Thanks for the feedback. And yes another Dr Who fan  ;D

Back at work this week but trying to get the boards stained ready to take down and build the next raised beds when I get home each day. Have another 4 beds to be built but they are taking forever to dry in this chilly weather!

Going to stagger the potato bins too, so will plant the first 4 of them this coming weekend.

Swept and pressure washed the greenhouse tonight so can get ready for my tomoto grow bags, its all go :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 21:33:33 »
Were those potatoes really dug up last weekend? I can't  believe thay have survivedthe winter in such a good state!

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 21:54:27 »
Were those potatoes really dug up last weekend? I can't  believe thay have survivedthe winter in such a good state!

yes. no one more suprised than we were! Wasn't expecting there to be any in all honesty - tasted great as well :)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 22:50:32 »
amazing potatoes!  What are the red ones?

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 00:35:54 »
Thanks. They were Desiree.

Just an added note that anyone visiting the blog most of the fruit stuff is in the Garden section and not allotment section as that's where all my fruit trees/bushes currently reside.

Also many thanks to any visitors (past/present/future) and hope you find it an enjoyable read or look :)

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 10:15:49 »
Thanks. They were Desiree.

Just an added note that anyone visiting the blog most of the fruit stuff is in the Garden section and not allotment section as that's where all my fruit trees/bushes currently reside.

Also many thanks to any visitors (past/present/future) and hope you find it an enjoyable read or look :)

And the Greenhouse stuff is in the garden section too.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:22:31 »
I'll have a look at your blog properly tonight, after i've watched Dr Who. I missed the start on Saturday so I gave up. 6.20 pm!! You'd think it was a kids programme or something  ;D

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 23:23:10 »
Well I'm a big kid at heart so no wonder I watch it  ;D Updated the blog tonight with all the happenings on the Allotment and in the Garden. Busy weekend!

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 20:58:35 »
Quite a few updates since the last post, and a lot of work planned down there between now and end of Spring Break holiday :)

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 22:16:59 »
well site updated with all the latest goings on, especially ahppy we have now just got the whole plot dug over/weeded. Boy was that a job and half!!! Should start to take shape now I can start to put the raised beds in! Watch this space :)

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 22:50:05 »
cold and rubbish wether not helped over the last couple of weeks but things in the fruit garden, greenhouse and conservatory are starting to grow! Will be building several raised beds this weekend and planting up so hopefully some new interesting(!) photos on the blog by Sunday evening.

Spookyville

• Acre
    • downtheplot
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 16:57:24 »
last of veg raised beds were dug in earlier this week, just a couple of paths left to pave, then its on to phase 2! Also greenhouse and garden fruit coming along really well, latest pics on the blog :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal