Author Topic: PEPINO MELON HELP  (Read 1407 times)

daileg

• Hectare
PEPINO MELON HELP
« on: July 06, 2009, 18:54:49 »
has anyone tried growing this before
i bought two plants this year and they are in 9 inch pots 50/50 manure and compost doing great foilage everywhere just starting to flower (small)
well my question is acording to the pics ive seen of the plant mine looks much denser than the ones advertised here http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/plant/Pepino.htm
and mine is now in its first year was wondering anyone had any joy with this tree in this country its on my patio north west facing and ill pop it into the greenhouse at the end of the season when the weather drops

the plant doesnt seem to be strong enough to cope with the fruit shown in th pics as the stem dont seem to be strong enough to hold the weight  ???

philipnj

• Not So New ...
Re: PEPINO MELON HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 19:02:56 »
i've grown it before so good luck ;D

philipnj

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 19:04:44 »
me again got it wrong meant to say never grown it before

realfood

• Hectare
    • Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 19:50:55 »
In my view, it needs support. It is difficult to get it to fruit in this country. My experience and photos are here :-http://www.growyourown.info/page145a.html
For a quick guide for the Growing, Storing and Cooking of your own Fruit and Vegetables, go to www.growyourown.info

twang20

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 22:24:04 »
Im growing it this year, here is how mine looked a couple of months ago...

It now has some small fruits, but is battling with the aphids and stuff at the minute.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 23:00:18 »
I have two very strong bushy plants - indoors - but I'm still waiting for signs of flowering.

Tricia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal