General > Top Tips

Vinegar

(1/10) > >>

landimad:
If you are fair skinned as I am then the thought of getting sunburnt in this hot weather is one thing you worry about.
I as a child was rubbed over with malt vinegar to ease sun burn and prevent further burning when out in the bright sun.
Then my children came along, they got the same treatment as I did.
So long as there are no breaks in the skin or blisters, you can apply liberal amounts to the skin.
It is cheaper than sun creams and it maybe better in some cases. Don't quote me though.
All I know is that it worked for me and my kids, if you don't try then you don't know.
I get it that you end up smelling like a bag of chips for a while but I'd rather that than being burnt to a crisp.
I remember the time I went fishing all day and the car broke down on the way back. I got in about one in the morning and the missus was not impressed. But she had the last laugh when I asked her to put the vinegar on my back. It was like having ice cubes put on my back. Did the job though and I am thankful for that. 8) 8) 8)
Anyone else had a go with this method? :-\ :-\ :-\

manicscousers:
not for sunburn, used it as a hairwash to 'bring out the colour in my dark hair', as mum used to say  ;D
still smelled like a chip  :o ;D

landimad:
I always put some on my kids hair to get a good shine to their red hair and the nits were kept away.

delboy:
Vinegars are amazing things - just look up their myriad uses on Google..

landimad:
Its been around a lot longer than google Eh ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version