Author Topic: School trip  (Read 1697 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
School trip
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:46:29 »
Granddaughter went on first school trip, away from home for 4 days.  Due back at 2.30 pm.  Hope she had a good time although was a bit nervous about leaving home, only child, and she was a premature baby and mother had here after miscarriage and later in life a bit worried about her.  Will be pleased to see her home, but the school are very good.  Don't allowed contact with the contact but school posts messages about what they are doing.  She is 11 and first time away apart from staying with Nanny (me).  They have gone to Gaveston Hall in Sussex and looking it up on the internet looks brilliant.  Abit worried that it may have been too hot, but are quite excited and will hear all about it soon.  Secondary school in September is the next thing.  Message from school all the children were OK and the teacher (Australian young man) was behaving himself.   ;D ;D Nanny must not worry, never worried about mine, was just glad to get some peace and quiet, but Nannies worry more.  For a lot of the children it was the first time ago and all the mothers were a bit worried, but the children seemed to be OK and very, very excited.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: School trip
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 14:59:44 »
Sure she will enjoy herself. Don't worry. ( easier said than done :))

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 15:03:45 »
Must say I never worried about mine, was just happy they had the opportunity to go. But then none of my three have ever got homesick either. Maybe it'll be different if/when I become a granny!
Older daughter (19) was in Morocco last week and younger one (16) is in Newquay this week. OH worries about them much more than I do.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 21:07:48 »
My 11 year old went to the IOW a few weeks ago for 3 days, I thought a nice bit of peace and quiet and then the four year old went and broke her wrist, but she couldn't wait to show her sister when she came home.      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 22:00:50 »
She is back and so full of it, and over excited.  She did say 'sorry I didn't miss you'. !! At least Nanny can have a good sleep tonight, if it isn't too hot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal